PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

I've tried using your PMP.ini jocky for video streaming w/o AVC and it still crashes when selecting "Video". Is there a way to test the VLC server on the PC?
Doble-U

Post by Doble-U »

cocco wrote:
DocMAX wrote:also got same problem as other people here.

when selecting VIDEO with Network disabled, VLC freezes
when selecting MUSIC VLC crashes
yes i have the exactly same problem..

changed "g:" in "g:\;" and "g:"

have MUSIC(5 mp3's ) folder and VIDEO(1 .wmv and the VLC-ENABLE.AVI) folder

when i press circle to enter in video the orange led load's just 0,2 sec and then it freezes pmp vlc

when pressing circle over music folder crashges psp bottom blue screen

when entering in life stream (webcam) i get the mpeg decode avc error cuz i havent played the VLC-ENABLE.AVI ... inaccessible

on 0.0.8 all worksfine

EDIT : it is possible that if we resave the ini it change the format..
in notepad i see squares as newline
but when i resave there are newlines
im having that same problem except that none of the PMP VLC versions released have worked for me
The1n

Post by The1n »

Very nice app , but i think there must be a bug in the latest release, i get all other versions working great with streaming but the last (0.9) is just hanging for me too . Hopefully there will be a fix soon or the author can enligthen us.

The1n
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

I have absolutely no clue why it freezes on your PSP's. As a test I deleted the PMPVLC009_JockyW directories from my memstick, then downloaded the binaries from rapidshare and copied both directories to memstick, I opened notepad copied & pasted the first sample pmp.ini file from my post above on p.5 and saved it in the PMPVLC009_JockyW directory, overwriting the existing one. I switched off the wlan switch started PMP VLC and I could get into VIDEO w/o problems and play the VLC-ENABLE.avi and all other files. Both VIDEO and MUSIC files play just fine. I repeated the test with the wlan switch on and again it just worked fine. My PSP is a Japanese model with fw 1.5. It also works on my other PSP from S'pore also with 1.5. Both have sandisk 1Gb memstick.

I suspect it is either related to the support for multiple directories which I introduced in version 0.0.9 or perhaps it is related to the firmware version of your PSP. I honestly don't know and it seems that only a few have this specific problem. Anyhow, tomorrow I will compile a version without the multiple directory support and post it here.

One last thing crosses my mind, please try once more with the wlan switch off and in pmp.ini the setting use_avc_hw = 0

Still freezing?
Doble-U

Post by Doble-U »

jockyw2001 wrote:I have absolutely no clue why it freezes on your PSP's. As a test I deleted the PMPVLC009_JockyW directories from my memstick, then downloaded the binaries from rapidshare and copied both directories to memstick, I opened notepad copied & pasted the first sample pmp.ini file from my post above on p.5 and saved it in the PMPVLC009_JockyW directory, overwriting the existing one. I switched off the wlan switch started PMP VLC and I could get into VIDEO w/o problems and play the VLC-ENABLE.avi and all other files. Both VIDEO and MUSIC files play just fine. I repeated the test with the wlan switch on and again it just worked fine. My PSP is a Japanese model with fw 1.5. It also works on my other PSP from S'pore also with 1.5. Both have sandisk 1Gb memstick.

I suspect it is either related to the support for multiple directories which I introduced in version 0.0.9 or perhaps it is related to the firmware version of your PSP. I honestly don't know and it seems that only a few have this specific problem. Anyhow, tomorrow I will compile a version without the multiple directory support and post it here.

One last thing crosses my mind, please try once more with the wlan switch off and in pmp.ini the setting use_avc_hw = 0

Still freezing?
i did everything and still the same result
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

Hi,

Just wanted to add that I am having exact same freze/crash problems when attempting to play VIDEO (hangs on menu) or MUSIC (crashes with blue exception) , however I do have some information to add.

If I try the DVD option, the DVD starts playing on my PC (So I know the WiFi is working), but after a pause with "loading..." on the PSP, it finally errors with some decoding error, but I do hear the start of the soundtrack of the DVD. The PSP controls also seem to still operate VLC on the PC just fine even though I have an error screen on the PSP displaying "AVC error: sceMpegAVCDecode failed"

In desperation I booted my PSP into 2.71 using devhook, fired up the browser and entered http://192.168.1.5:8080/admin/pspfil...ir=c:/mystuff/ and got the expected directory listing from VLC running on my PC, so they communicate fine.

However, the strange thing is after playing around with this for quite some time and changing NOTHING, it worked ONCE (ie, I was able to finally get into Video and play ENABLE-AVC.AVI, then DVD playback was perfect) .. I have to say "Finding Nemo" looks fantastic playing on the PSP. I haven't been able to get it to work since.

I opened up the VLC message log on PC and everytime I select VIDEO or MUSIC I could see that my PSP connected to VLC on my PC as it logged the connection with my PSP IP address, but thats where it then freezes or crashes. It will freeze or crash even with WiFi disabled.

Its very strange that it actually worked ONCE and played perfectly.
thejew

Post by thejew »

i recently installed that custom firmware from dark_alex, could be that this is why it allways hang for us on video???!!! Thats the only thing i could imagine if jocky says everything is fine for him after a fresh install. Maybe the others could report if their using this custom firmware mod?

@jockyw2001 would be happy to try it with a pre encoded video from you :)
S34N

Post by S34N »

I'm having the same problems .... wan on or off I get hangs and crashes

here's the error I get when I do music:

I regret to inform you your psp has just crashed
Exception Detials:
Exception - Bus Error (data)
EPC - 08B1C860
Cause - 0000001C
Status - 20008613
BadVAddr - 05F06408

....... and goes on from there
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Thanks for this info BazzaLB. I strongly believe it is related to the multiple directory support. It was requested by someone and I should never have listened to that :)

I can not explain why it works smooth on my PSPs and also I can not explain that even when wlan is off and you do *not* enable the network with the right trigger, it freezes upon selecting VIDEO. Very weir

One thing I noticed in your post BazzaLB, the url you typed in 2.71 does not contain the "old" subdir. That was just a typo wasn't it? My modified vlc 0.8.5 automatically installs pspfiles.html in \Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\http\old\admin so the url should have been:
http://192.168.1.5:8080/old/admin/pspfi ... :/mystuff/

Btw: what firmware and what PSP model do you have?
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

jockyw2001 wrote:One thing I noticed in your post BazzaLB, the url you typed in 2.71 does not contain the "old" subdir. That was just a typo wasn't it? My modified vlc 0.8.5 automatically installs pspfiles.html in \Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\http\old\admin so the url should have been:
http://192.168.1.5:8080/old/admin/pspfi ... :/mystuff/

Btw: what firmware and what PSP model do you have?
I am running 1.5 PSP-1002 (1.52->2.0->1.5)

I just copied the stuff from old/admin up one level so that I have both an http/admin and http/old/admin in VLC
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

S34N wrote:I regret to inform you your psp has just crashed
Exception Detials:
Exception - Bus Error (data)
EPC - 08B1C860
Cause - 0000001C
Status - 20008613
BadVAddr - 05F06408

....... and goes on from there
That's also very helpful. Can you also give me the value of the "ra" register next time it crashes?

To all: I do now strongly suspect the new multiple directory code. Tomorrow I post a version with the "good old" single video- and musicdir.
S34N

Post by S34N »

ra: 089051D0

hope that helps

BTW great work :) I love this app!
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Sure does:

Code: Select all

$ addr2line.exe -f -e PMPVLC009_JockyW.elf 0x089051D0
draw_item
/home/JW/projects/PMPVLC009/ffplay_resample/ffplay.c:3519
Mondy

Post by Mondy »

Firstly if i try to open the video folder without the connecting to my network the psp crashes. But i have managed to get it to work. As mentioned in my previous post. Anyway Jockyw2001 mentioned some of this stuff should not be needed but as i can stream video to my network now im going to leave it as it is.

First things first i suggest you try to get divx streaming to work without avc decoding. This pmp.ini works for me and it does not require you to play vlc-enable.avi. For it to work you must start up your network connection and then play a file over the network or the psp will crash.

# Net Io Config
[net]
con	    	= 0;   
vlc_server 	= 192.168.0.9;
vlc_port	= 8080;

pmp_server 	= 192.168.0.9;
pmp_port	= 3333;

debug	  	= 0;

videopath1	= C:\Lan\;
videopath2	= D:\Backup L\;
videopath3	= ;
videopath4	= ;
videopath5	= ;

musicpath1	= D:\Music\;
musicpath2	= ;
musicpath3	= ;
musicpath4	= ;
musicpath5	= ;

dvd_drive	= g:

# VLC transcoding settings
[transcode]
# set res_horiz = 360 for better performance
res_horiz	= 320;
res_vert	= 240;

# use_avc_hw is heavily experimental !!
# if set to 1 then automatically vid_codec = h264, aud_codec = mp3, and container = ts are set
# your pmp.ini settings are then superseded
use_avc_hw	= 0;

vid_codec = DIV3;
#vid_codec = mp1v;
#vid_codec = mp2v;
#vid_codec = mp4v;
#vid_codec = DIV1;
#vid_codec = DIV2;
#vid_codec = h263;
#vid_codec = h264;
#vid_codec = WMV1;
#vid_codec = WMV2;
#vid_codec = mjpg;
#vid_codec = theo;

vid_bitrate = 680;
vid_fps = 20;

# next transcoding parameter is only used if vid_codec = h264 !!
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

#aud_codec = mpga;
#aud_codec = mp2a;
aud_codec = mp3;
#aud_codec = mp4a;
#aud_codec = a52;
#aud_codec = vorb;
#aud_codec = flac;
#aud_codec = spx;
#aud_codec = s16l;
#aud_codec = fl32;

aud_bitrate		= 48;
aud_channels	= 2;

# resampling is not required on VLC server, it's just for experimenting
resample		= 0;
aud_samplerate	= 44100;

container = ogg;
#container = ts;
#container = ps;
#container = mpeg1;
#container = mp4;
#container = mov;
#container = wav;
#container = raw;
#container = asf;
#container = asfh;
#container = mpjpeg;

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver	= 192.168.0.9;
liveport	= 1234;
To get AVC working i had to do a few more things.

Copy VLC-ENABLE.avi into your videopath1 folder and also copy it to your memory stick on your psp into the x:/psp/video/ folder.

Then follow the instructions like this

- start VLC, then start PMP VLC, enable network with right trigger, press select and play VLC-ENABLE.avi, just a few seconds is sufficient, now press square to stop playing the video, press select, select video, select a videofile prefixed with net:/ and it should play just fine.

The code below is a direct copy of jockeys standard quality avc decoding.

# Net Io Config
[net]
con	    	= 0;   
vlc_server 	= 192.168.0.9;
vlc_port	= 8080;

pmp_server 	= 192.168.0.9;
pmp_port	= 3333;

debug	  	= 0;

videopath1	= C:\Lan\;
videopath2	= D:\Backup L\;
videopath3	= ;
videopath4	= ;
videopath5	= ;

musicpath1	= D:\Music\;
musicpath2	= ;
musicpath3	= ;
musicpath4	= ;
musicpath5	= ;

dvd_drive	= g:

[transcode]
res_horiz   = 360;
res_vert   = 272;
use_avc_hw   = 0;
vid_codec = DIV3;
vid_bitrate = 680;
vid_fps = 22;
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

aud_codec = mp3;
aud_bitrate   = 48;
aud_channels   = 2;
resample      = 0;
aud_samplerate   = 44100;

container = ogg; 

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver	= 192.168.0.9;
liveport	= 1234;
All i can say now is goodluck and i hope it works for you. If it doesnt at least i tried to help.
S34N

Post by S34N »

well I switched avc_hw to 0 and then it worked for a little bit ... then I got another crash :) I'm gonna try what mondy did next :)

btw I tried to play a DVD stream then quit back to main .... then went to my video dir ....
Last edited by S34N on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

i have 2 psps here. jap and us version. one with 1 gb ms sandisk, other with 2 ms sony-fake(?). one with normal firmware, other with custom firmware. always same crashes.

at music i get same adresses like the guy before this post. exept:

BadVAddr: 00000000
Magus

Post by Magus »

I'm also having this problem. Instant crash when going to Video/Music. I'm trying to do it from iRshell so that may be it.
cocco

Post by cocco »

Te problem are te folders

create 2 video folders on the pc put some videos in.
create 2 audio folders on the pc put some mp3s in.
and then add this folders in the .ini

now it wil work

ps.avc w qual is very good but sometimes it crashes... 0.0.8 with 1 folder is more stable
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

Magus wrote:I'm also having this problem. Instant crash when going to Video/Music. I'm trying to do it from iRshell so that may be it.
irshell is not the problem
DocMAX

Post by DocMAX »

cocco wrote:Te problem are te folders

create 2 video folders on the pc put some videos in.
create 2 audio folders on the pc put some mp3s in.
and then add this folders in the .ini

now it wil work

ps.avc w qual is very good but sometimes it crashes... 0.0.8 with 1 folder is more stable
so i need the PC to watch videos with VLC???

EDIT: Doesn't work anyway. Just testet it.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Mondy wrote:To get AVC working i had to do a few more things.
The code below is a direct copy of jockeys standard quality avc decoding.

[transcode]
res_horiz   = 360;
res_vert   = 272;
use_avc_hw   = 0;
Mondy, since use_avc_hw = 0 this is not using AVC.
If you want to play files with AVC the following is required:

[transcode]
res_horiz   = 480;
res_vert   = 272;
use_avc_hw   = 1;
If use_avc_hw is set to 1 then following settings are automatically made (overriding your pmp.ini settings):
vid_codec = h264
aud_codec = mp3
container = ts

Also remember that the [transcode] settings only apply to streaming files from the network (net:/filename) and DVDs.

In the case of live streaming the only used parameter is use_avc_hw, all other params are determined by the transcode line you have entered in VLC.

In the case of playing files from memstick the only used parameter is use_avc_hw, all other params are automatically determined from the file header.

Soon I will post a version for testing w/o multiple directory support.
simonfun

Post by simonfun »

I've another lower level problem....
When I launch the PMP VLC Player 0.0.9 application from Games -> MemoryStick... the PSP says data are damaged !?!?!
My psp has a 2.60 firmware version
Is this a problem???

Please help me...

Thank you all.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

simon: pmp vlc only works with firmware 1.0 or 1.5

PS: we are not discussing downgrading, in this thread we want to stay on topic which is PMP VLC. Thank you.
Last edited by jockyw2001 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonfun

Post by simonfun »

jockyw2001 wrote:simon: pmp vlc only works with firmware 1.0 or 1.5
Thanks... is it possible to downgrade?
And... what do I loose downgrading?

Thanks again...
The1n

Post by The1n »

simonfun wrote:
jockyw2001 wrote:simon: pmp vlc only works with firmware 1.0 or 1.5
Thanks... is it possible to downgrade?
And... what do I loose downgrading?

Thanks again...
Sure is possible to downgrade check the forums at www.maxconsole.com

have fun
The1n
hoola

Post by hoola »

Thank yo sooo much for this app. I am a major noob, but your readme file got me up and running in less than 20 minutes of tinkering with the ini file. I dint know why my .mp4 psp files would not play. Duh. I then played that avi file you supplied. I tried another .mp4 file. Loading.............I thought it had froze, then bammmmmm. It played my file and every one after that. THANKS again. Time to fiddle around with tv card streaming. Without devs like you around, willing to give to people like me your hard work, we would be missing out on alot of great things. Before pimpstreamer and now this amazing app I never even knew what streaming was. hehe ok enough rambling.

Thank you.
hoola
dajusi

Post by dajusi »

Hi,
I have a question:

Is it possible to send further options to vlc like --crop=16:9?

Are the sent parameters hardcoded or do I have access to them without coding?

If M3U playlists are supported there is no problem, but like this I don't see how I could enable it for playing files.

PS: please don't judge me based on my language^^
gooms9

Post by gooms9 »

Any idea how to stop it from crashing every time I select video or music? I'm in the same boat as one of the previous posters. I've got it set up properly, i can select the stream DVD option and control VLC via my PSP, but because I cant access the video folder, I cant play the VLC-ENABLE.avi. A fix would be greatly appreciated.
LazerTag

Post by LazerTag »

gooms9 wrote:Any idea how to stop it from crashing every time I select video or music? I'm in the same boat as one of the previous posters. I've got it set up properly, i can select the stream DVD option and control VLC via my PSP, but because I cant access the video folder, I cant play the VLC-ENABLE.avi. A fix would be greatly appreciated.
Put the VLC-ENABLE.avi on your memstick in PSP/VIDEO

This is a really great app Jocky. Can't wait to test some more later. I've only been able to play a bit so far.
----------------------
---------------------------

LazerTag
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

This one hopefully fixes the "freeze & crash" bug.
I think the cause is not the multiple dirs, but the new feature which was called:
"5) network path no longer displayed in filenames, except for the selected entry"

That feature is left out fttb

binary: PMPVLC009Rev1-binaries.zip (Rev.1 with list directory bugfix)
Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/26200340/PMP ... s.zip.html
This version also contains sample pmp.ini files for the 4 applications described here:
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=44240#44240

The modified VLC 0.8.5 which is necessary for streaming AVC is now a separate download. Those who already have it from 0.0.9 do *not* need to dl it again:
binary: vlc-0.8.5-psp-x264-win32.exe (required for streaming AVC !!)
Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/26201745/vlc ... 2.exe.html

I hope you have more fun with this one and please give me your feedback.
Last edited by jockyw2001 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.