PSP + computer adhoc without router?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Mitsunari

PSP + computer adhoc without router?

Post by Mitsunari »

Not know much about the way psp wifi operates, and prolly not enough about regular wifi's either, this is just a thought that spawned to me....

Since you can set up an adhoc between two computers without router (atleast alledgedly in XP), can this be used to connect PSP to a computer, without the router? I'm thinking along the lines of using the computer end ad hoc to emulate a shortrange infrastructure mode, or making it seem like another PSP (which could be used in conjunction with homebrew wifi transfer programs, in turn.)

-Mitsunari

P.S: Apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums, but to me this seemed more like software thing...
PspPet

Post by PspPet »

Yes, works well once you get the settings right
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Note the confusing terminology (your PC will be in WiFi adhoc, and the PSP will be in what it calls "Infrastructure mode", but technically it is WiFi adhoc)
Mitsunari

Post by Mitsunari »

Well, been there, done that... All the guides I tried, and not one of them succeeded in noting out that apparently Sony has made this unusable since the release of Japanese 1.50FW. So I'm not sure if I could work this even if I dondated/devhooked to 1.00....

Meh, Sony FTW!

Not really.