Using PS2Link for the Big PS2

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Ramon

Using PS2Link for the Big PS2

Post by Ramon »

How do you use PS2Link for the big PS2? Well, I know how to set it up for the slim PS2 but how do you do it for the big PS2?
SSpeare

Post by SSpeare »

Everything is the same, but you have to buy a network card and plug it in because the fat PS2 doesn't have one. What is your difficulty?
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Haha. Basically, my difficulty is buying the network card... =))
SSpeare

Post by SSpeare »

You can also use naplink and a USB cable if that is preferable. I haven't tried it and I don't know how good the application support is, but it should work.
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Oh... okay...

It's a good thing I already have a USB cable ^_^
brymer

PS2 Link...

Post by brymer »

What does the PS2 Link actually do?

How do I utilize it?

I don't understand how to use the .ELF files with my PS2. Can I get some love here with this topic?
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

What does the PS2 Link actually do?
Well, ps2link enables you to send .elf files via a network to the PS2. It's better than burning lots and lots of CDs... :)
How do I utilize it?
Umm... Secret? Haha... Not sure about this one.
I don't understand how to use the .ELF files with my PS2. Can I get some love here with this topic?
Well, .elf files are sort of .exe files but for the PS2...

this is correct...
brymer

Using .ELF Files in my PS2...

Post by brymer »

Okay, so if I download an .ELF file to my MaxDrive, then to my memory card, I can use it?
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

How do I utilize it?
Umm... Secret? Haha... Not sure about this one.
You run ps2client on you PC which connects to ps2link over the network, and does nify thinks like sendig ELF programs over to be run on the ps2.

Also, with regards to the USB cable, Just because you have a cable that fits ps2 and pc on both ends, doesnt necessarily mean it'll just work.
Since ps2 and pc are USB Host devices, you need some smarts in the cable to enable Host<-->Host communications. The drivers in Naplink only support cables with the Prolific chip in them to do this work.
Damn, I need a decent signature!
brymer

PS2 Client...

Post by brymer »

Okay...where do I find the PS2 Client and PS2 Link? This may help me in my quest.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

umm, http://ps2dev.org/ usually.

Theres a button top right labelled "START HERE" which is a good place to start, explains all loaders, clients, etc.

Then on left is a link "LOADERS" withall the loaders and pc side clients available.
Damn, I need a decent signature!