returning to my application after loading another app

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

gff_cruner

returning to my application after loading another app

Post by gff_cruner »

I´m looking for a way to return to my application after it loads other application. It´s something like trying to replace the XMB.

I taked a look in the forum, and I read something about if the app is compiled as prx and loaded by other application, when exiting, returns to the application that had load the module (because the prx is unloaded). But my case is a bit different. I want to load eboots (not prx) and then return to my app, not the XMB. This is maybe something like done by irshell.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Depends _how_ you want to do it, considering you want to stop the XMB restarting then the easiest is to hook sceKernelExitGame and then just LoadExec your original code. I could explain more but I dont feel like it, there is example code around if you can be arsed to look for it ;)
gff_cruner

Post by gff_cruner »

Thanks TyRaNiD, I had been looking for a bit harder and I found interesting stuff about "hooking" :)

I´ll still looking for helpful code a bit more.
gff_cruner

Post by gff_cruner »

I found a lot of information about "hooking" and module patching (psplink source was very helpful, thanks TyRaNiD again ;) ) but I have one more question.

Could the module patching in ram affect to prx in the flash?? I think not, but my psp is not chipped and I don´t want to damage it :P
weltall

Post by weltall »

no they are just ram patches
to modify something on your flash you need to remount it and access to file with file functions or by nand direct access
gff_cruner

Post by gff_cruner »

Thanks weltall.

No problem then so I keep working on it without worries :)