Everything Precompiled?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dremth

Everything Precompiled?

Post by Dremth »

Is there some place I can get everything I need to develop things for the PSP that is all packaged in an exe for windows? I don't really understand this cygwin stuff. I have never gotten cygwin to work for me no matter what instructions I follow. And why do I need the SDK and the toolchain? Can't they both be packaged together? I have found the SDK and toolchain precompiled but they are earlier versions that doesnt have all of the up to date libraries or whatever other things I need. Some of the include files give me errors for whatever reason. The PS2SDK and toolchain are precompiled, so why not PSP?? Please someone help me with this.

Thank you VERY much.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Ok sorry about the previous attempt at grand larceney but anyway

You could try www.devkitpro.org which is all pre compiled..

Please don't hesitate to ask me for help
Dremth

Post by Dremth »

Ok. I installed the devkitPro but how do I compile and get an EBOOT? On my other environment all I had to do was run start.bat in the C:\PSPDev directory and type "make" in the directory with the makefile. What should I do this time? I looked through what little documentation they have to find nothing useful on compiling EBOOTs.
hlide

Post by hlide »

just hack msys.bat by adding the bin path to binaries of devkipsp, so you would be able to run msys.bat then cd your project directory and type "make" to create the eboot.pbp or even "make kxploit" if you have a 1.5 firmware.on your PSP.
Dremth

Post by Dremth »

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by: "adding the bin path to binaries of devkipsp". Could you explain a little more? I looked in the msys.bat file and it's really hard to understand what's going on in it. It's very unorganized. I you could please help me with it, that would be great.

I did get this stuff partially working by putting some cygwin compiled dlls along with the make.exe in the bin folder but I occasionally get some heap errors with the cygwin stuff. I really dont like cygwin, so this msys sounds like a good alternative but it's hard for me to understand how to set up.
hlide

Post by hlide »

My mistake :

if you installed devkitpro in D:, open "D:\devkitPro\msys\etc\profile" and add :
# Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Earnie Boyd <earnie@users.sf.net>
# This file is part of the Minimal SYStem.
# http://www.mingw.org/msys.shtml
#
# File: profile
# Description: Shell environment initialization script
# Last Revised: 2002.05.04

export DEVKITPRO="/d/devkitPro/"
export DEVKITPSP="/d/devkitPro/devkitPSP/"
export PATH="$PATH:/d/devkitPro/devkitPSP/bin"
that way, when you run icon MSYS and CD on your project directory, you can type "make kxploit" or even use psp-* binaries.
Dremth

Post by Dremth »

Ok, I did what you said, but when I try to run msys.bat, it closes before I can do anything. Also, I tried just opening a command line and going to the msys/bin folder and then running make and I get this error:

AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x150000, State 0x10000
C:\devkitPro\msys\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

I don't know why I am getting a cygwin error.
hitchhikr

Post by hitchhikr »

Remove everything (including cygwin) and use this one: http://xorloser.com/

Be sure you have C:\pspdev\bin located at first position in your system PATH variables & eveyrthing should be fine.
hlide

Post by hlide »

Dremth wrote:Ok, I did what you said, but when I try to run msys.bat, it closes before I can do anything. Also, I tried just opening a command line and going to the msys/bin folder and then running make and I get this error:

AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x715B0000, RegionSize 0x150000, State 0x10000
C:\devkitPro\msys\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 6

I don't know why I am getting a cygwin error.
I did install mine on D: (/d/devkitPro/...), be sure to update this path with yours.
Dremth

Post by Dremth »

Everything is fixed now. The path variable directories were in the wrong order.

Thanks everyone for your help!