New NID for sceNand; one to go

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ryoko_no_usagi

New NID for sceNand; one to go

Post by ryoko_no_usagi »

Hiya,

I don't do much PSP hacking anymore but I finally finished up my reverse of the sceNand-module and I figured out one more NID:

eba0e6c6 = sceNandCountChipMakersBBM

The only one remaining now is c29da136.
I've reversed this function and what it does is mark a block as invalid (sets the block_stat byte in the spare page to 0xf0). I tried the obvious choices of names but didn't have any luck.

Some more info about sceNand-functions:

sceNandDumpWearBBMSize is dangerous! It checks the NAND for bad blocks and perform a sceNandTestBlock on the good blocks! I suspected I did something wrong in my reverse so I double-checked and it really appears that this is what it's doing! sceNandTestBlock erases the given block and performs tests to see if it's bad. If the result is a bad block, sceNand_c29da136 is used to mark it as bad.

sceNandDetectChipMakersBBM duplicates the functionality of sceNandIsBadBlock, and simply returns 0 if the block is not marked as bad.

sceNandCountChipMakersBBM calls sceNandDetectChipMakersBBM for all blocks in the nand and returns the tally of bad blocks.
Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird.
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
harleyg

Post by harleyg »

Nice, thanks.