Flash0/1 path redirection to MS path?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Slash

Flash0/1 path redirection to MS path?

Post by Slash »

Anyone knows the code on how to redirect Flash0/1 path to Memory Stick path?

For e.g, when vshmain.prx tries to access FLASH0:/FONT, i'll redirect it to MS0:/DH/303/FONT. I believe this method was used in DevHook. Anyhelp will greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
Access_Denied

Post by Access_Denied »

Actually, if you just want to redirect the font folder, used the fontmod hack by Skylark and TeamOverload.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Access_Denied wrote:Actually, if you just want to redirect the font folder, used the fontmod hack by Skylark and TeamOverload.
Thanks but I want to do it without hex-editing sony files. I can use a mod but I prefer it is done on all running modules. For e.g., if I were to emulate 3.03, all modules should be redirected to ms when their trying to read/write the flash. I think this involves memory patching?
adrahil

Post by adrahil »

You could hook sceIoOpen... This is the only viable way, since if you edit sony's files it might be dangerous for your system ;)

Oh, and devhook works by patching in memory the flashX IO function tables by its custom ones which use ms0.
Slash

Post by Slash »

adrahil wrote:Oh, and devhook works by patching in memory the flashX IO function tables by its custom ones which use ms0.
Yes that's the method I want to know. When a module that patches memory to redirect flash0/1 to ms0, all succeeding modules should also use that method.
adrahil

Post by adrahil »

Well... what to say? There are two possibilities, the first of which was used in earlier versions of devhook:

1)sceIoAssign flash0 to ms0:/flash0 or something like this
2)Browse the kernel memory for the flashX IO Access Table and patching it accordingly. It is the method used by devhook and it's not trivial to work with this method...

I think that the first method will be enough, since you're not rebooting the whole system but only the VSH.
FreePlay

Post by FreePlay »

First of all... TeamOverload had nothing to do with that hack, really. He found the text in the registry; the rest was Skylark and I.

Anyways, Skylark made a program that lets you enable/disable the font hack without any hex editing. It runs on every firmware with homebrew capability.

This program will do exactly what you're trying to do without having to hook any function calls or keep anything running in the background.

You can get it right here.
adrahil

Post by adrahil »

sceIoAssign doesn't hook anything or run in background... It just changes the IO device blocks. :P
Nice app you have there :)