Need help! How do i rotate the psp screen ?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

SWE_PsYcHo

Need help! How do i rotate the psp screen ?

Post by SWE_PsYcHo »

Well i need to rotate the screen, text, images, EVERYTHING! 180 degrees how do i do that? Plzz if you know, post a example of the WHOLE source :P so i can see wich librarys and so on :P thx :D
IAM A NEWBIE! ^^
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Just turn your PSP upside down. There you go - 180 degrees rotation. :)
SWE_PsYcHo

Post by SWE_PsYcHo »

haha :P but i need to do it with C otherwise the ir will be directed wrong :P
IAM A NEWBIE! ^^
MrMr[iCE]

Post by MrMr[iCE] »

There is no built-in way to rotate the display. If your app does gu rendering with 3d transforms, you could tweak your projection matrix to do the flip. if its 2d, then your SOL.
Aion

Post by Aion »

If you only need to flip a static screen, you can use the backbuffer as a texture, and render a polygone with it, flipped. I could also be achieved with a screen that get updated, but then you lose backbuffering.

Look at the 'rendertarget' sample.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

SWE_PsYcHo wrote:haha :P but i need to do it with C otherwise the ir will be directed wrong :P
I see. You want another PSP above the one you're using head to head for IR transfer, but to be able to read the other screen right side up requires the display be upside down. Well, you got some good suggestions from the others. I like the one about using the buffer as a texture and rendering it upside down. Should be fairly easy and quick.
SWE_PsYcHo

Post by SWE_PsYcHo »

Well iam such a noobie that i dont know how to do this :P could any1 help me ? i need it cause iam making a notepad thingy that is controlled through ir by another psp almost like a ir 1 to 1 chat :P it sucks yeah i know bu anyway, can someone help me ?
IAM A NEWBIE! ^^