psplink with OE 3.10

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Petsmith

psplink with OE 3.10

Post by Petsmith »

I've downloaded psplinkusb from svn. I don't have a serial cable to connect to the PSP. Is it possible to access the PSP via "usbshell"? It seems to me the usbshell has been removed from psplinkusb. I used to use psplink 2.0 with usbshell for debugging, but it doesn't support higher firmware. Is there anyway I can use psplinkusb with usbshell or wifishell? Any help would be appreciated.
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

I don't understand what do you mean 'higher firmware'. You can either choose to use 1.50 kernel in recovery mode or just put psplink under GAME150 folder. It's working fine on my TA-082 3.10 OE-A2. No doubt.
Petsmith

Post by Petsmith »

Higher firmware means fw 3.1. I know you can use psplink under fw 1.5. I'm trying to debug my app under fw 3.1. I'm just wondering if there is any way I can use psplinkusb with usbshell under firmware 3.1.
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

sorry man I misread your post. If you insist on using usb or wifi, you'd better check up moonlight's api documention and lookup stub entry points. Then add your own .h & .S files to use these calls.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Urm, what do you actually think the usb part of 'psplinkusb' is supposed to mean ? That dev branch has all shells _bar_ usb removed and the usb shell merged into the main module etc. Doing a make release and copying the release_oe/psplink stuff into GAME (or GAME310) and running it will work without configuration.