Testing needed: binutils-2.16.1

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

ammonton

Testing needed: binutils-2.16.1

Post by ammonton »

Hello, here is an updated version of the binutils patch ported to 2.16.1. This is the last released version against which the 2.14 patch applies with a reasonable amount of work which is why I worked against this version rather than the newer 2.17.

Note that since I have so far been unable to build a working compiler this patch has not been tested in any way beyond verifying that it builds when configured for ee, dvp and iop. Since most of the patch was applied by hand and some source changes were not obvious don't expect it to work perfectly, or at all. Bug reports appreciated!

Also note that the updated patch is about 20K smaller than the original. This is due to ANSIfication of the sources, not because a huge chunk is missing.
ps2devman

Post by ps2devman »

dvp-as 2.16.1 works fine with saotomo's gravity sample
(but still crashes on DMARet *, just like previous 2.14 version did)
ammonton

Post by ammonton »

Thanks for the feedback! I'm trying to learn enough about the tools to be able to fix bugs, but for now I'm more concerned over introducing new bugs.

It turns out that the patch was totally broken for ee and iop configurations. I've uploaded a new version that fixes this (no more complaints about broken opcodes when invoking as).
b0rje

Post by b0rje »

hi,
take a look at this posting http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=7729, something seems to be broken which already worked in the past.

b0rje