'Eject' memory stick?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

pj1115

'Eject' memory stick?

Post by pj1115 »

Hey, in my module, something is renamed on the memory stick, and it works great.

I have one problem, though. Say, if I wanted to rename PSP/PHOTO to PSP/IMAGE so the PSP couldn't find it, if I have already been inside the photo menu, it's cached, so the XMB doesn't notice a difference until you go into somewhere else, like the Video>Memory Stick option.

Is there a way to 'force' the PSP to clear it's cache, or to virtually eject the memory stick and re-insert it?

Thanks.
Cy-4AH

Post by Cy-4AH »

I think that cached information also stored on ms, so try delete hidden files.
pj1115

Post by pj1115 »

Odd, why would it store temporary files on the memory stick? Wouldn't it be quicker, easier, and safer to do it in the memory?

Anyone else have any ideas?
emcp

Post by emcp »

i think it does save the files to the mem but i wouldnt delete them have a look inside them because if you delete them you need to format ur mem stick and u dont want that so see if theres a certain part you can delete or modify then you need to format it
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

I'm pretty sure it saves it in memory, not on the memory stick... Saving it on the memory stick would make no sense.

Cloudy
:)
adrahil

Post by adrahil »

Pointless discussion... Get memory stick insert/eject callback handler address in vshmain.prx code and simulate an eject/insert event.
fergie4000

Post by fergie4000 »

i think that was partly what he asked in the first place.