NEWBIE GETTING STARTED HELP

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

xtreme3d

NEWBIE GETTING STARTED HELP

Post by xtreme3d »

Hi!

I've made some games for PC and GBA but I am completely confused with the PS2.
I have all the tools, but all I can do is print text on the screen.
The tutorials confuse me even more.
I'm not new to c or c++.
Everything that I've developed for is so much easier!

Can anyone tell me where to get a simple tutorial?
soks

Post by soks »

Santa frightens me...

I'm sorry for not being useful but he really does.

Oh and looking at other people's code might clear a few things up for you... other than that... I hope other people post with something a bit more... together?
xtreme3d

Post by xtreme3d »

I don't like him either... <=(
Random pic...
xtreme3d

sorted

Post by xtreme3d »

Hey, I got some knowledge on the ps2, got a linux kit and i'm now making my first game.
It's a free roaming bloody rpg (3d obviously).

P.S. soks: It was your advice (look at other people's code that i used).

THANKS!
soks

Post by soks »

Wow, I feel so special =)

On top of that I think I finally got a real programming job! 18 I am! YAY! (not to mention I desperately need a job... heh...)

I had some before but they were for school, $300 for prorpietary software... not bad I guess.

I hope I can do well on that interview tomorrow... maybe I should sleep first...

Oh, cool, hrm... good luck with the game. I'm a game development major myself, just kinda suck at PS2 coding, maybe I'll go look at some examples myself. =)
xtreme3d

help

Post by xtreme3d »

hi,

if you need some help just ask me.
I could help with 3d graphics sound etc.

P.S. I'm only 13!
I've been coding since i was 11!

I just liked the idea of making games so I learned C and C++ by using some tutorials on the net.
I didn't really understand it then, but a few months later i figured it out...
I code all the time so i get lots of practise.

I started with PC then GBA then a little PSX and now PS2.

When i'm older, i'm planning to start a small game development company and gradually make it bigger.

Might happen, but nothing wrong with being ambitious...
soks

Post by soks »

Not at all.

I've personally been programming since 12 myself, graphics stuff from 13 but back then it was mostly Half-Life related. I'ts definately a great way to go with your future, I mean even the folks can't go against it anymore, I mean it's in college! woot!

Yeah... so anyways... keep at it, and C/C++ is great, heheh, I've been studying the language for 6 years and I'm still learning stuff about it, although more style related... fun still.

Just keep at it, and stick with math too if you want to do graphics, that stuff gets mad... and I'm not just saying that because I'm not half bad with it... ok fine it's not THAT hard but when it comes to fundamentals it's math intensive.

*poof*
xtreme3d

C and C++

Post by xtreme3d »

hi,

That's what i like about C and C++.
It's a challenge, and no matter how long you have been studying it, you still learn new things. Plus if i try to get a job in programming, I'll probably be more skilled than most people. That means that I would probably have a better chance.

Unless some new prog. language is made when I'm 18...