Executing EBOOT on 3.03

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

charafe

Executing EBOOT on 3.03

Post by charafe »

Hi,

When executing EBOOT on 3.03, do we need a UMD game to be inserted or the demo is enough?
I have been told that a key bin file has to be present in the folder. Do you know what it is? and how to create it when programming our own homebrew?

Thank you...
Rad
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Only PSX disk EBOOT files need the key file (and the latest custom firmware did away with that as well). Homebrew has never needed any kind of key file.
charafe

Post by charafe »

Thank you,
When executing EBOOT on 3.03, do we need a UMD game to be inserted or the demo is enough?
Do I need to buy a UMD game or the demo that comes with the PSP is enough to execute the EBOOT? (in my case it didn t work)...

Thanks
Rad
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

I think you are confusing EBOOT's with ISO's. EBOOT's don't need any disk in.

Cloudy
:)
charafe

Unable to launch EBOOT

Post by charafe »

Hi, I am trying to launch EBOOT in the folder /PSP/GAME or /PSP/GAME3.03 but it doesn't work. I use the same procedure as when I was using folder /PSP/GAME1.5 . It was working in that folder. So I even tried to put EBOOT from samples of the SDK. It didnt work. Do you have any idea?

Thanks..
Rad
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The 3.xx custom firmware defaults to treating anything in the GAME folder as 3.xx. This is so that you can put official demos and such in the GAME folder (which is where they like to be) and have them work. You cannot put 1.5 homebrew EBOOTs into GAME and have them work unless you go into the recovery menu and set the kernel mode to 1.5. In other words, unless you specifically compile your stuff for 3.xx, put it in GAME150 always.
harleyg

Post by harleyg »

When running EBOOTS under the 3.x kernel you must compile differently.
Read the readme/look at the 3.x samples.