Error compiling LIBHDD

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

fulasypescados

Error compiling LIBHDD

Post by fulasypescados »

Helo guys I'm from spain (islas canarias) and my english is very bad ,excuseme for this but I am learning :)
Well a have a problem when a try to compile the LIBHDD, I do make a I get the folowing :
pancho@sargosbreados /usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd
$ make
make -C ee
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/ee'
make -C lib
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/ee/lib'
ee-gcc -mips3 -mcpu=r5900 -ffreestanding -fno-builtin -G0 -fshort-double -mlong6
4 -mhard-float -mno-abicalls -O2 -EL -Wall -c -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/ee/inc
lude -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/common/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2drv/common
/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2drv/ee/libfileXio -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/
include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/common/include -I. libhdd.c -o libhdd.o
/usr/local/ps2dev/ee/lib/gcc-lib/ee/3.2.2/../../../../ee/bin/as: unrecognized op
tion `-mcpu=r5900'
make[2]: *** [libhdd.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/ee/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/ee'
make: *** [all-ee] Error 2
Can you help my pleace, I just compile PS2LIB,PS2DRV and I didn't have problems, I am working whith CYGWIN and the toolchain is the stable toolchain by oopo. THANK YOU.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

unrecognized option `-mcpu=r5900'
If it doesn't like that option, just edit the makefile not to use it.
The current ee-gcc is already "aimed at" the correct cpu and doesn't need to be told again.
Unlike previous versions, I assume....
Last edited by cheriff on Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damn, I need a decent signature!
pixel

Post by pixel »

Nah. He is using a wrong cygwin compiler. Trash it, and get a proper one.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

Whoops. *blush*

I had a similar problem a while ago with older makefiles and removing offending flags did the trick.

similar problem..... but different...
Damn, I need a decent signature!
pixel

Post by pixel »

Huh, or maybe you're right: libhdd is rather old it seems, and still have old compilation options. Anyway, the right thing to do is to use the libhdd which is inside the ps2sdk.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.