Breakpoint Seminar Videos

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

TyRaNiD

Breakpoint Seminar Videos

Post by TyRaNiD »

Watch in awe of my lazy presentational ability, considering the videos from Assembly are not even out yet it is surprising Breakpoint can do it so quickly.
They can be grabbed from this ftp://breakpoint.untergrund.net/breakpo ... 7/Seminars. It might be interesting, it probably wont be.
danzel

Post by danzel »

Grabbed part1 for a listen while I'm working >_>
Anyway, it doesn't want to play :-(
I've tryed the latest vlc, even installed xvid and tryed to open it up in virtual dub but it is giving errors about the AVI index being corrupt or damaged.

Anyone managed to get it to successfully play yet? And if so how? :-)
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

danzel wrote:Anyone managed to get it to successfully play yet? And if so how? :-)
I'm playing BP07_Seminar_Tyranid_PSPOverviewPart1_XViD.avi right now. Works fine with VLC 0.8.6a
Part2 works fine too.

Thanks TyRaNiD, very informative and interesting !
danzel

Post by danzel »

Bah, I just needed to use a decent ftp client!
I was transfering them in ascii mode :-( 600 meg of downloads wasted.
califrag

Post by califrag »

Hi Tyranid, sorry if this is a stupid question but how did you get the PSP's xmb to show on your computer? During the "Running your own code" part (6:15), you use a program to display on your computer the PSP's XMB, then it looks like you actually click the PSP laying on a table and it executes the homebrew. Is this done using PSPLink? Do you have a development PSP? Was this a video pre-recorded? Please share!
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8462 ... 128eh9.png
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Did you not watch the end of the second presentation where I played Lumines on the big screen ? Maybe they cut it off. Anyway it most certainly wasn't pre-recorded :P
califrag

Post by califrag »

Sorry for being so hasty to ask my question...
I made it through part one last night but was saving part two for today.. I will watch it and hopefully my question will be answered... I wish I could get PSPlink to work.. I compiled all the sources and tried it but just couldn't get it right... when i start usbhostfs_pc, it scrolls "found 5 busses" over and over again. When I start pcterm, my usbhostfs_pc terminal says Accepting connection (0) from 127.0.0.1 but then after that is nothing.. my pcterm does not give me a host0: prompt, even after pressing enter. What could I be doing wrong?
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

I dont know why it doesn't work, I get the 5 busses crap on my Vista box but it still actually connects okay. And in actual answer to your question it is a psplink extension, which may or may not be publically available ;)
hitchhikr

Post by hitchhikr »

I think you should upload your slides as the screen isn't too readable in the video.
califrag

Post by califrag »

the slides are available on ps2dev.org website:

http://ps2dev.org/psp/Tutorials