dosbox

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mypspdev

Re: keyboard lag

Post by mypspdev »

twonth wrote:MAPLE V and GP/PARI
Sorry for this post, I'll delete soon when in contact with twonth...

Thown, I'm really looking for running Maple and PARI under dosbox on PSP.
Could you please contact me by mail and pm? thanks a lot, you have a pm now.

My best
IM back!

Post by IM back! »

Wraggster wrote:if CrazyC wanted hosting at DCEmu with forums for discussion i would gladly do it :)

posting news is as easy as making a forum post ;), everything else can be done in no time whatsoever.

good luck with the emulator btw :)
did you see this crazy c? all you have to do is give wraggster go ahed and he wll make you a forum :)
regardless im making a read me for dos box
sorry for spelling!
Wally

Post by Wally »

IM back! wrote: regardless im making a read me for dos box
Which you will pass to me for spelling and punctuation checking wont you :-) i actually did a readme a while back but i have to find it
IM back!

Post by IM back! »

Wally4000 wrote:
IM back! wrote: regardless im making a read me for dos box
Which you will pass to me for spelling and punctuation checking wont you :-) i
duh!
sorry for spelling!
mypspdev

Re: keyboard lag

Post by mypspdev »

twonth wrote:MAPLE V and GP/PARI
That's right thanks for help.
PARI runs well with
cwsdpmi
rsx gp

(it's a mathematical software dos native)

Now I'm looking for mpaleV release 3 (pure old dos version).
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

z:\>keyb [language] [codepage]

is illegal command on dosbox/psp ?
on pc is running well.

Thanks
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

mypspdev wrote:z:\>keyb [language] [codepage]

is illegal command on dosbox/psp ?
on pc is running well.

Thanks
Keyb is commented out to save space but it won't work anyway. What are you trying to do?
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

thanks for your attention and answer. i am trying to install win3.11 in some way. one attemt is to copy installation directory to dosbo×. when run setup.e×e a a certain point the message: dos has codepage 0 win wants nnn. mismatch.. imossible to continue. î tried to change codepage.
IM back!

Post by IM back! »

just install windows 3.11 in dosbox pc.
sorry for spelling!
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

mypspdev wrote:thanks for your attention and answer. i am trying to install win3.11 in some way. one attemt is to copy installation directory to dosbo×. when run setup.e×e a a certain point the message: dos has codepage 0 win wants nnn. mismatch.. imossible to continue. î tried to change codepage.
Either use the english version or like im back says, install it on your PC.

I've put up a new version that adds a new option to the sdl section called keyhint. When set to true, the first button press will display a hint about what key you will get with the second button press. If the key you want isn't there you can cancel by pressing cross. It currently flickers a bit, but I'll fix that soon. Hopefully this will tide people over until I can put a full osk in.
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

crazyc wrote:
I've put up a new version that adds a new option to the sdl section called keyhint. When set to true, the first button press will display a hint about what key you will get with the second button press. If the key you want isn't there you can cancel by pressing cross. It currently flickers a bit, but I'll fix that soon. Hopefully this will tide people over until I can put a full osk in.
Hey, this is great news! :) I think it'll help ppl a lot to get into the p-sprint input method, including me! ;)
babaganoosh

Help with Windows 3.0

Post by babaganoosh »

Hi everyone, I am trying to run Windows 3.0 on dosbox but I'm having some trouble. I ran the setup program on my pc using dosbox and copied the WINDOWS directory to my psp. When i run win.com it gives me this error right after the Windows 3.0 screen:

Code: Select all

Exit to error: DynrecCore: illegal option in dyn_segprefix
Can anyone help me? Thanks!!
mypspdev

Re: Help with Windows 3.0

Post by mypspdev »

babaganoosh wrote:Hi everyone, I am trying to run Windows 3.0 on dosbox but I'm having some trouble. I ran the setup program on my pc using dosbox and copied the WINDOWS directory to my psp. When i run win.com it gives me this error right after the Windows 3.0 screen:

Exit to error: DynrecCore: illegal option in dyn_segprefix
Can anyone help me? Thanks!!
It was my situation yesterday... now with help of some friends here, I was able to run Win3.11 and Win3.0 on PSP.

Now, we could have the chance to set up a tutorial (many forums are asking the same) or I could give instructions via pm to you.

Thanks to all, now my experiences are available
Last edited by mypspdev on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
IM back!

Post by IM back! »

error
sorry for spelling!
imdumas

Post by imdumas »

Hi,

I'm spanish, so i dont speak very well english. Yesterday, i saw your dosbox emulator for psp and i downloaded it. I installed the prince of persia game on the emulator, but, when i started the game, the doll did not move. Later, i ask a lot of friends if they could resolve the problem, but nobody could resolve it. The game is the first Prince Of Persia, you can download the game here (the game is already configurated for your emulator):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXM9UX1K

I hope you will resolve the problem in the next update of the emulator.

Thank you very much in advance for your attention.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

crazyc wrote:Either use the english version or like im back says, install it on your PC.

I compiled the new version but it crashs my psp. After the Sony PSP loading logo it hangs and i must eject and reject my battery. After insert, i need to go into the recovery menu thus i can go to the xmb. What happened?

PS.:
i use M33 Firmware 3.52-4
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

aTomIC wrote:
crazyc wrote:Either use the english version or like im back says, install it on your PC.

I compiled the new version but it crashs my psp. After the Sony PSP loading logo it hangs and i must eject and reject my battery. After insert, i need to go into the recovery menu thus i can go to the xmb. What happened?

PS.:
i use M33 Firmware 3.52-4
I've just put it up again, in case it got corrupted in transfer.
WeaZeL8580

IR Keyboard

Post by WeaZeL8580 »

I want to apologize right off the bat if this question has been answered already but I've read over quite a few posts and I don't recall seeing anything about it:

I understand that CrazyC has implimented IR keyboard support into DosBox now and I've just tried the latest release with my Targus and still have no luck. I'm using "pikey" from Noobz as my keyboard driver but when I start DosBox, it doesnt display anything I type. I've also tried disabling pikey under recovery and still, dosbox doesnt recognize anything. Is there an option in the conf file that I need to enable? Do I need to load a seperate driver from within dosbox? Do I need to launch DosBox from within IRShell? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I apologize and I openly admit that I'm a total noob on this one.

firmware: 3.40oe-a
plugins: pikey.prx , cwcheat.prx
cpu speed: Currently at (Default)
J.F.

Re: IR Keyboard

Post by J.F. »

WeaZeL8580 wrote:I want to apologize right off the bat if this question has been answered already but I've read over quite a few posts and I don't recall seeing anything about it:

I understand that CrazyC has implimented IR keyboard support into DosBox now and I've just tried the latest release with my Targus and still have no luck. I'm using "pikey" from Noobz as my keyboard driver but when I start DosBox, it doesnt display anything I type. I've also tried disabling pikey under recovery and still, dosbox doesnt recognize anything. Is there an option in the conf file that I need to enable? Do I need to load a seperate driver from within dosbox? Do I need to launch DosBox from within IRShell? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I apologize and I openly admit that I'm a total noob on this one.

It doesn't use pikey, it uses libirkeyb from the SDK. If you compile dosbox yourself, make sure your SDK and associated libs are up to date. libirkeyb looks for pspirkeyb.ini and the keymap folder inside the seplugins folder, not inside the pikey folder (you need the files in BOTH locations for everyone to be happy).

Given an up to date libirkeyb and the files in the proper place, dosbox works great with my Palm IR keyboard. No delays or lags or anything like that. All the keys seem to work fine, including function keys.
aTomIC

Post by aTomIC »

crazyc wrote:I've just put it up again, in case it got corrupted in transfer.
Yesss, big thanks. I uploaded the new compiled version to my place at
http://www.emunews24.de/dosemus.html#sony%20psp257

PS:
i added the new sdl option and CrazyC's short description to dosbox.conf. Keyhint is disabled by default (set to true to enable it).
raulpica

Post by raulpica »

You're great Crazy!

Now it's a lot better thanks to keyhint :D
WeaZeL8580

Re: IR Keyboard

Post by WeaZeL8580 »

J.F. wrote:
WeaZeL8580 wrote:I want to apologize right off the bat if this question has been answered already but I've read over quite a few posts and I don't recall seeing anything about it:

It doesn't use pikey, it uses libirkeyb from the SDK. If you compile dosbox yourself, make sure your SDK and associated libs are up to date. libirkeyb looks for pspirkeyb.ini and the keymap folder inside the seplugins folder, not inside the pikey folder (you need the files in BOTH locations for everyone to be happy).

Given an up to date libirkeyb and the files in the proper place, dosbox works great with my Palm IR keyboard. No delays or lags or anything like that. All the keys seem to work fine, including function keys.
Thank you for you're quick response and accurate solution to my ir keyboard issues. I don't actually know how to compile DosBox myself or where to obtain the SDL. I simply download the elf and convert it to pbp using a simple little commandline program called "elf2pbp".

I know this might be asking alot but is there anyway you can send me a pre-compiled version on DosBox that you have fully working with IR keyboard support and all the libirkey files needed. I understand if you dont have time. I myself rarely have time for much of anything these days.

My Email addy is: weazel8580@gmail.com
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

Please, with IR Targus keyboard, if possible (I am not sure) which keys combination stands for F1, F2, F3.... F10? (Functions keys, mainly used on menu for example by dn151).

Thanks a lot
(as much I use dosbox with old but well working software as well I love dosbox on PSP in my pocket, special thanks to all)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

mypspdev wrote:Please, with IR Targus keyboard, if possible (I am not sure) which keys combination stands for F1, F2, F3.... F10? (Functions keys, mainly used on menu for example by dn151).
The Targus doesn't have any function keys. You need to do like I did for the Palm and make a keymap that maps the Compose or Meta key + one of the numbers into function keys. Look at the palm.ini file in the keymaps folder. You'll need something virtually the same for the Targus. Then set the keymap in the ini file to that keymap (you'll notice the one I gave you in the arc is set to "palm.ini").

If you come up with a targus keymap that works well, post it back here so it can be added to the pspirkeyb lib.
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

J.F. wrote:The Targus doesn't have any function keys. You need to do like I did for the Palm and make a keymap that maps the Compose or Meta key + one of the numbers into function keys. Look at the palm.ini file in the keymaps folder. You'll need something virtually the same for the Targus. Then set the keymap in the ini file to that keymap (you'll notice the one I gave you in the arc is set to "palm.ini").
I add to my targus.ini the following:

[KEY_1]
compose = KEY_F1;
I do not the meaning, sorry for ignorance, of compose.

[KEY_1]
alt = KEY_F1;
Here I expected that pressing ALT + 1 it should send F1 to PSP

[KEY_1]
ctrl = KEY_F1;
Here I expected that pressing CTRL + 1 it should send F1 to PSP

No way to work with. Something is wrong in my assumptions.
Thanks for help, friends.

EDIT:
As a test I tried to redefine a key:

[KEY_Q]
normal 'w';
shift 'E';

just to etst re-mapping of the keyboard's keys.

It dowsn't work: Q and q still remain Q and q.
If I change the name to the .ini , the keyboard doesn't work: it means that the file I'm modifying is correct.

Why this strange results?
thanks
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

First, make sure the map file is set right in pspirkeyb.ini. The line looks like this:

map = 'palm.ini';
You would make change it to something like "targus.ini".

Then in the keymap, you have the mappings. The key constant in brackets is the incoming key value to match. What goes under it is what it gets changed to. You have qualifiers that correspond to the various states determined by the shift, control, alt, etc.

[KEY_1]
normal  = '1';
shift   = '!';

[KEY_1]
compose = KEY_F1;
Note that they don't all have to be in the same place. You also don't have to define every qualifier state. If KEY_1 isn't defined for a state, it passes through unchanged. Most of the start of palm.ini is a plain qwerty ASCII keymap. It maps KEY_1 to "1" for normal, to "!" for shifted, and in the case of the Palm (which doesn't have function keys), to KEY_F1 when you press Compose+KEY_1. Other combinations like Alt+KEY_1 aren't mapped and so pass through as KEY_1.

Try not to define recursive definitions like this:

[KEY_1]
normal = KEY_2

[KEY_2]
normal = KEY_1
I really can't do much more to help as I have a Palm, not a Targus keyboard.
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

J.F. wrote:

[KEY_1]
normal  = '1';
shift   = '!';

[KEY_1]
compose = KEY_F1;
Exactly what I did, but it doesn't work.
Compose means press on the keyboard the "FN" blue key together with '1' key. Double pressing and on dosbox application it should be detected as "F1".
Isn't It? thanks, Joseph
scatola

Post by scatola »

Hi again CrazyC, there is a problem in Prince of Persia 2: when i finish the first level using the audio "Sound Blaster Pro" the game stuck after taking the boat.
If i use the option "Standard PC Speaker", the game works perfect, but without original audio.
The error is: Can't load nis.dat resource. To get this error you must press "select" and "start" after taking the boat (or the game remains blocked".
I sended the game in PM.
The pop2.bat is the file with mapped keys.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

mypspdev wrote:
J.F. wrote:

[KEY_1]
normal  = '1';
shift   = '!';

[KEY_1]
compose = KEY_F1;
Exactly what I did, but it doesn't work.
Compose means press on the keyboard the "FN" blue key together with '1' key. Double pressing and on dosbox application it should be detected as "F1".
Isn't It? thanks, Joseph
I don't know which (or if a) key is mapped to compose on the Targus. You'll have to check the Targus driver in the source. On the Palm, the Fn key is mapped to compose, and you hold it down while pressing another key, just like you would shift.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

scatola wrote:Hi again CrazyC, there is a problem in Prince of Persia 2: when i finish the first level using the audio "Sound Blaster Pro" the game stuck after taking the boat.
If i use the option "Standard PC Speaker", the game works perfect, but without original audio.
The error is: Can't load nis.dat resource. To get this error you must press "select" and "start" after taking the boat (or the game remains blocked".
I sended the game in PM.
The pop2.bat is the file with mapped keys.
The is probably due to the limitation of the number of files that the PSP kernel can have open on the memory stick. This is another possible use for the pandora memory stick driver.