no rule to make 'all' problem

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

dalivaktuk

no rule to make 'all' problem

Post by dalivaktuk »

I am getting errors when trying to compile samples.
I have installed cygwin and the psptoolchain, but there is a problem when I try to compile the Hello World example.

any help is much appreciated, I have tried google-ing, but I can't find anything.
Smong

Post by Smong »

Exactly which hello world sample would this be? There are a bunch of samples that come with pspsdk that should work, look in X:\cygwin\usr\local\pspdev\psp\sdk\samples. I suggest the one in controller\basic but there are hello world ones in the template directory.

Also from the title of the thread this could also be a problem with the pspsdk environment variables, you need these lines at the end of .bashrc:

Code: Select all

export PSPDEV=/usr/local/pspdev
export PATH=$PATH:$PSPDEV/bin
You may also need to edit/save the file with "unix line endings", good luck :P
(+[__]%)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Another problem I ran into that might affect people is leading spaces in your makefile. Make wants TABS in the makefile, not spaces. My editor was set to convert tabs to spaces, and that did a real trick on the makefile. So if you get really odd problems that seem to have no rational cause, check your makefile for spaces.
dalivaktuk

Post by dalivaktuk »

Smong wrote:Exactly which hello world sample would this be? There are a bunch of samples that come with pspsdk that should work, look in X:\cygwin\usr\local\pspdev\psp\sdk\samples. I suggest the one in controller\basic but there are hello world ones in the template directory.

Also from the title of the thread this could also be a problem with the pspsdk environment variables, you need these lines at the end of .bashrc:

Code: Select all

export PSPDEV=/usr/local/pspdev
export PATH=$PATH:$PSPDEV/bin
You may also need to edit/save the file with "unix line endings", good luck :P
Thanks for your help! The sample you suggested worked perfectly, I found it was my Makefile. I compared it to the one ...\pspdev\psp\sdk\samples... and my Makefile was missing some code.

Oh yeah, I used the sample from http://www.psp-programming.com/tutorials/c/lesson02.htm, and again thx for your help!!

Now I can use my Dev-C++ IDE to start programming for my psp!