psplinkusb pspsh no prompt

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

frnc

psplinkusb pspsh no prompt

Post by frnc »

basically my problem is that the pspsh doesn't get the prompt.

usbhostfs_pc seems to connect as "Connected do device" appears.
(when psplink is idle and the screen is black it would light up when usbhostfs_pc is connecting).

when i run pspsh "Accepting async connection ([0,2,3]) from 127.." appears but if i press enter host0:/ won't appear as it should.

strange is that when i enter reset (or poweroff) in pspsh nothing happens but once the usbhostfs_pc is closed (exit, or ctrl^c) the psplinkusb will restart (or the psp shut down).

i've compiled psplinkusb from a recent svn copy and tried on 1.5, 3.03, and 3.40 where all produced the same so it's not really fw related.

anyone experienced something similar?
chrs

[EDIT]
did some testing with usbhostfs_pc in vverbose mode and it turned out that only "Bulk Write" happens on the USB after a command is entered in pspsh. (there is also Read when the device is connected).
this can explain the turn off on exit.

now i'd like to see what happens in the psp but putting pspDebugScreenPrintf in shell.c is not obvious to me.
maybe PSPSDK_LIBC should be used instead of KERNEL_LIBS?
other solution to get printout on the screen?
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

Not sure it may help, but :
I had exactly the same problem when trying to connect to the psplink 3.0OE version (firmware 3.XX), (no problem on the 1.50 version)

Upgrading to the current build (2368) of psplinkusb solved that problem for me.

(my previous, not working version was revision 2200)
yabadabo

Re: psplinkusb pspsh no prompt

Post by yabadabo »

I experienced the same problem while partially upgrading pspsh in the ps and not the psplink in the psp. Get the lastest version from everything from the svn, recompile and use the new psplink and pspsh and it will work.
snowsquirrel

Post by snowsquirrel »

This happens to me, after the first reset of psplink. Are you in linux, and are you running 64bit? I am, and I know of atleast one other person having the problem who also happens to be on 64bit linux. If you don't know, just give me the output of uname -a.

I don't know if the bug is in psplink pc tools, or in libusb, but googling doesn't seem to show any 'known issues' with libusb and 64bit...

~S