Intel OpenCV libraries to... pspsdk

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mypspdev

Intel OpenCV libraries to... pspsdk

Post by mypspdev »

Porting of Intel OpenCV computer vision libraries in progress is almost completed: it should work with GoCam device, fully compatible with pspsdk and run under 3.xx.

It should includes:
cv.a
cxcore.a
cvaux.a
a PSP customized highgui.a for GoCam device and PSP display.

Soon news.
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

Work is done and completed, Intel OpenCV are available on PSP fully under 3.xx (tested on 3.72hx) and on Slim.
The proof of concept is here
http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id= ... ew_reply=1
and here
http://pspupdates.qj.net/MyPSP-Robotics ... aid/109158
My homebrew "MyPSP Robotics" is going to build a moving Robot with a microcontroller and sensors and motors; wifi links between a Pilot-PSP and the Robot-PSP, voice, video and voice walkie talkie, MyEye to view and recognize the environment with the GoCam, AI database for dialog.
The package in still under development, but it potentially is very ambitious.

Back to the post matter, OpenCV on PSP; I am available to give anybody instructions and sources.
alekz

Post by alekz »

Hi!

Great job! Does it work on v1.5?

I did a project using mobile phone as an "embedded computer" in a robot. Now I would like to experiment with PSP.

Best regards,
Alekz
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

alekz wrote:Hi!

Great job! Does it work on v1.5?
not at all: my choice was to complete and develope a platform of modules under 3.xx. Now MyPSP Robotics is evolving with this not compatibility with 1.50.
Conceptually nothing with PSP porting of OpenCV is constrained to 3.xx and ot shluld run also under 1.50, as a stand alone module extracted from MyPSP current full version.
alekz

Post by alekz »

Hi!

Ok, I will think about 3.xx updates.
What do you think about Player/URBI/etc tools for robotics on PSP?
With Linux that would be really nice. I want to connect PSP over serial port to microcontroller to control motors, sensors, etc.

Best regards,
Alekz
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

alekz wrote:Hi!

Ok, I will think about 3.xx updates.
What do you think about Player/URBI/etc tools for robotics on PSP?
With Linux that would be really nice. I want to connect PSP over serial port to microcontroller to control motors, sensors, etc.

Best regards,
Alekz
I've tested interface with Brainstem microcontroller board by Acroname (google it).
It works fine!
Soon MyPSP will move around with wheels and sensors... talking, listening and viewing...