Voip for PSP, unfinished

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Nieko

Voip for PSP, unfinished

Post by Nieko »

A while ago I started working on PSPeak, a voip program for PSP, but because I hardly have time for it anymore, I decided to post it here :).

If anyone feels like continuing or lending pieces of code, go right ahead :).

The source and more can be found here: http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/PSPeak.zip

The program is in /PSPeak/src/src. In /PSPeak/src/socket I put a small testing server, which simply sends back what you send it. You'll only need sockServer.

So far, when running the program at 333MHz, I was able to hear myself vaguely when sound data was sent to the server and back. That's where I stopped :).
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

Nice to have a look at it.
I have realized some tests using my own sources under 3.xx both Slim and Fat:

- with adhoc connection (Client Server) between 2 PSPs, audio is transferred both using Socom microphone or GoCam USB Microphone
- with Access Point (Client Server) between 2 PSPs audio is transferred.

Same for Video from one PSP to another one.
Now Audio + Video is working almost well.

My tests are only in intranet, not via web: I'll have a llok at your source code.
peb

Post by peb »

Me too, I worked on a voip program for PSP but I have problem with the serveur, because I don't find solution for use SQL with PSP...and it's necessary to save login information of user for establish communication beetween 2 PSP...
Sorry for my English, I'm french.
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

If you are interested let try this experiment of mine : the first issue is a peer-to-peer Video and Voice transmission between two PSPs both using adhoc or infrastructure. It's italian the web site and forum, but it's full english the software and readme I realized.

Download here:
http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=9898
Last edited by mypspdev on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

sorry.. mistake