Copy PNG / image to flash0 [SOLVED]

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

PSPfreak!

Copy PNG / image to flash0 [SOLVED]

Post by PSPfreak! »

hey once again,

i would like some help on flashing a .png image to flash0 from the memory stick,

i've tried sceGuCopyImage (not sure if i got the code correct) & i've tried write_file.

im using the 1.50 kernel & i've searched the forum & google tonnes of times looking for and answer to help.

thanks
Last edited by PSPfreak! on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Copying files is covered quite a bit in old threads. It doesn't matter what the contents or name of the file is - it's still just a file. You didn't search very hard if you didn't find anything here.

Also, sceGuCopyImage is a GRAPHICS command to copy an image from a texture onto the SCREEN, not a command to copy image FILES to someplace. You don't sound like you know enough yet to be trying to mess with the flash. Try learning some basics (like which commands are for IO and which aren't) before trying to leap out of the plane.
PSPfreak!

Post by PSPfreak! »

thanks bro
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

This is odd... doing a quick search for copying files to the flash, YOU started this thread quite some time back:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9337

So why are you now acting like you have no idea how to write files to the flash? Or are you simply trying to start a new thread because you think people are ignoring the previous one?
PSPfreak!

Post by PSPfreak! »

J.F. wrote:This is odd... doing a quick search for copying files to the flash, YOU started this thread quite some time back:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9337

So why are you now acting like you have no idea how to write files to the flash? Or are you simply trying to start a new thread because you think people are ignoring the previous one?
i know how to write to flash, i didnt know if i could write an image like it, coz when i first done it, it flashed a few files but didnt write the image using write_file. now its working coz i removed a few things. and this is my third or fourth thread, but first about copying a image.

since its working now this thread can be deleted, Thanks anyway