psp download station

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

werejag

psp download station

Post by werejag »

i had a idea of a psp style nintendo download station. this is where a pc would broadcast a wifi webpage and psps in the area could download homebrew to play.

i have a wifi max usb stick. but i do not know the software side of either client or the host pc software

is it possible it can be done?
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Yes, of course (just run a webserver on the PC and use the webbrowser on the PSP).
werejag

Post by werejag »

but can you download into the memory card from a website via psp?
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Yes. This is a development forum, not a "how do I use my PSP" forum.
werejag

Post by werejag »

ill set up a test page it didnt seem to work before.

....and no i didn't think this was a "how to use my psp website" i thought it was a bit more technical inclined website with ppl that had some social skills.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

werejag wrote:ill set up a test page it didnt seem to work before.

....and no i didn't think this was a "how to use my psp website" i thought it was a bit more technical inclined website with ppl that had some social skills.
As the title of the board says, this is a "Development Discussions" board. We deal in issues in making your own programs for the Playstation series of consoles. As one person recently commented, we are all "nerds" without a lick of social skills. While it's not really true, you'll get that kind of a reception when asking questions not related to writing programs for a Playstation.

We don't give a flip what people think of our social skills. We aren't here to be a big happy family, chatting about the latest games and music. Many of us are professional programmers using our spare time to provide free programs and utilities to people who use Playstations. We don't put up with people who come here and A) ask us to crack something, B) challenge us to something, C) want lessons in basic programming, D) want someone to walk them through setting up their PS1/PS2/PSP to run homebrew, E) want someone to walk them through setting up their PS1/PS2/PSP to run pirated games, F) or anything else not related to writing homebrew for the Playstation series.
werejag

Post by werejag »

im asking if the psp is able to do a techinical thing and i get crap. if it doesn't do what i need i will have to learn to program for the psp so i can do what i need to do.

i do not need some lecture about what this forum is and i'm pretty sure he doesn't understand the scope of what i need. instead of opening dialog he shut it down with the attitude. as i preceive it i might be wrong but its similar coming from you. i'm well aware of what this site is about. how about some understanding.

im sure your a very good programmer and all im asking is the above. im sure your not posting to see your own text and simularly im not trying to waste either of our valuable time.

lets move past this problem
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Your quote:
but can you download into the memory card from a website via psp?
The response was kurt, but still relatively polite. You were the one that got all defensive after getting called on a silly post. I agree, we should move past this, but don't act like we're the ones at fault here. Everyone makes a dumb post every now and then. Suck it up and move on.
werejag

Post by werejag »

umm ok thanks

im so glad you showed me right thanks massa
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

i do not need some lecture about what this forum is and i'm pretty sure he doesn't understand the scope of what i need. instead of opening dialog he shut it down with the attitude.
Actually I did understand what you need, and I did purposely shut it down to avoid this sort of lame drama.
Two seconds of google searching would tell you that there are websites that allow you to download PSP demos directly to the PSP, using the PSP webbrowser, so that you can then execute them. Clearly that is enough functionality to also download homebrew and execute it, for a homebrew-enabled PSP. See e.g. pspdemocenter.org or google.com.