How can I put many files in a Single elf?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

diegox758

How can I put many files in a Single elf?

Post by diegox758 »

I am a lot newbie at ps2 programing, but i want to know:

I have a Action Replay Max Evolution, and it has lots of directories and separated files, so when i run the elf in the "UlaunchELF", the ps2 does not search for these files, so the app does not start, anyone know how to put all these files on a single Elf?

thanks, and sorry my very poor english(i'm from Brasil)
cosmito

Re: How can I put many files in a Single elf?

Post by cosmito »

diegox758 wrote:I am a lot newbie at ps2 programing, but i want to know:

I have a Action Replay Max Evolution, and it has lots of directories and separated files, so when i run the elf in the "UlaunchELF", the ps2 does not search for these files, so the app does not start, anyone know how to put all these files on a single Elf?

thanks, and sorry my very poor english(i'm from Brasil)
Olá diegox758,

The only way I know to do this requires to have the source files and change those to use, for example, the romfs. Otherwise, with only the binaries like you said, you cannot use the romfs.

There is an application (forbiden name goes here) that tricks the PS2 to load "things" from an HD, so in theory (and practice) what you ask can be done, but it requires very deep understanding of the PS2.
Sometimes I wish there were such application, since it would be useful to load homebrew like demos and others or even for testing our own work-in-progress productions without wasting CDs.
diegox758 wrote:thanks, and sorry my very poor english(i'm from Brasil)
Don't worry. Many of the people here don't have English as mother language. As long as you're understandable I don't see any problem at all.
diegox758

Post by diegox758 »

Yeah, i have only the Binarie(because it´s a comercial product)
But thanks for answering, i dont like to wast CDs for testing ELFs, so i use UlaunchELF, and put the files on a pendrive
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

If you're looking for help to get uLaunchELF (or anything else) to run commercial apps from the HDD or USB, you're in the wrong place. We don't answer ANY questions on such things as it could be construed as piracy. It doesn't matter if YOU own the app, someone else reading the thread may not and use the answers as well.

There are other sites that will answer such questions, so we ask that you take such questions to them. If you aren't trying to run commercial software via ULE, sorry, it just sounds like that's what you're trying to do from the last post, so I was making mention of the board policy on such things.
diegox758

Post by diegox758 »

Sorry man, my objective is not piracy, i just want to know how can i put files on a single, many of homebrews also have more than one file, not only the comercial ones,

but sorry if i say anything wrong