Looking for something

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

kibo

Looking for something

Post by kibo »

I have been trying to find something new to code.. since i got my new console i just wanted to hack something in it... im a developer after all, after days (almost a week) trying to find something new, something i can do not to fork someone's work, i got tired... actually almost everything is needed to be done in the user level is already done. so.. im looking for a project, helping with someone elses works or ideas to start a new project.

im not a graphics guy.. i have experience in C++, C# (IL), Scheme, PHP and some other languages, i already ported a Basic Interpreter to the PSP but i think it was useless and boring. sure i can do graphics but i like to code interpreters, web services, low level stuff, and such.

Any ideas, sugestions, help needed?
CpuWhiz

Post by CpuWhiz »

Don't know if you are interested in this, but I think it would be nice to have a media player that can pull music from a DAAP share (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Au ... s_Protocol). As long as it works with Rhythmbox or Amarok and supports full unicode (I want to see my Japanese tags), I would be happy. Good luck finding a project.
jean

Post by jean »

I bought the european GO!Explore: the software is great, while the hardware is crap...testing signal strenght in good conditions leads to: standard serial GPS: 1 - PSP290: 0. So i want to hook gps functions to use my holux-like GPS with GO!Explore software on PSP. I've already done something but i've troubles with some hooks. If you're interested, feel free to PM me.

jean