Is fw 4.01 psardumper available?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Phantom8

Is fw 4.01 psardumper available?

Post by Phantom8 »

I understand there is a fw 4.0 psardumper released a week ago, but it wouldn't decrypt fw 4.01 due to insufficient buffer size. The original psardumper was released under GPL. Unfortunately, the 4.00 version didn't come with source code. Does anyone know if there is a psardumper available for decrypting fw 4.01?
Wally

Re: Is fw 4.01 psardumper available?

Post by Wally »

Phantom8 wrote:I understand there is a fw 4.0 psardumper released a week ago, but it wouldn't decrypt fw 4.01 due to insufficient buffer size. The original psardumper was released under GPL. Unfortunately, the 4.00 version didn't come with source code. Does anyone know if there is a psardumper available for decrypting fw 4.01?
What so you can make a custom firmware? that you can claim is yours?

xD
Phantom8

Post by Phantom8 »

Wally4000 wrote:
Phantom8 wrote:I understand there is a fw 4.0 psardumper released a week ago, but it wouldn't decrypt fw 4.01 due to insufficient buffer size. The original psardumper was released under GPL. Unfortunately, the 4.00 version didn't come with source code. Does anyone know if there is a psardumper available for decrypting fw 4.01?

xD
Did I ever say I'm gonna make a CFW? If you have nothing nice to say, don't bother say anything.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Phantom8 wrote:
Wally4000 wrote:

xD
Did I ever say I'm gonna make a CFW? If you have nothing nice to say, don't bother say anything.
Gee, cant even have a joke around here :)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showth ... p?t=117725
I dare say the 4.00 version will work with the 4.01 eboot.

Try it!

Wally
Phantom8

Post by Phantom8 »

Wally4000 wrote:
Gee, cant even have a joke around here :)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showth ... p?t=117725
I dare say the 4.00 version will work with the 4.01 eboot.

Try it!

Wally
Well, it sounded hostile. :P Anyway, thanks for trying to help. I've already tried the version you pointed. In fact, it's the same version that I was talking about in the first post. It only worked for fw 4.00 and doesn't work for 4.01 due to insufficient buffer size.
Torch

Post by Torch »

I remember moonlight saying that its not going to work for newer updates as there is no space to load the EBOOT.

He's going to modify it to support streaming the data from the EBOOT.