gcc compilation broken in Debian

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ffelagund

gcc compilation broken in Debian

Post by ffelagund »

Hello,

I'm trying to checkout&compile the psp toolchain in my debian machine (Lenny), but the gcc stage seems to be broken (at least, for me)
The execution of ./toolchain.sh produces this error:

Code: Select all

gcc -c -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-overlength-strings -pedantic -Wno-long-long   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../fixincludes -I../include -I../../../fixincludes/../include ../../../fixincludes/fixfixes.c
gcc -c -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-overlength-strings -pedantic -Wno-long-long   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../fixincludes -I../include -I../../../fixincludes/../include ../../../fixincludes/server.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-overlength-strings"
make[2]: *** [fixincl.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for other tasks to finish....
`/home/jacobo/psptoolchain/build/gcc-4.3.1/build-psp/build-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/fixincludes'
make[1]: *** [all-build-fixincludes] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/jacobo/psptoolchain/build/gcc-4.3.1/build-psp'
make: *** [all] Error 2
../scripts/002-gcc-4.3.1-stage1.sh: Failed.
My gcc is this one:

Code: Select all

# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.3 --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-checking=release x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.3 20080623 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-23)
I'm stuck with this error, perhaps anybody could help me?

Thanks,
Jacobo.

EDIT: It seems that I was using gcc 4.1 rather than 4.3 (I changed the gcc symlink to make the NVIDIA driver compile, because it requires 4.1, and I forgot setting again the 4.3 as the main) I wont delete this message because it could serve to any other person.
I dont know... flight casual!
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

Just a big correction the gcc 64 bits is broken the toolchain use the gcc in his 31 bits version so to create the cross compiler psp-gcc user instead a gcc 32 bits and not 64 bits