Pandora battery fix for non-Sony pack ?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Cross_

Pandora battery fix for non-Sony pack ?

Post by Cross_ »

After an unfortunate event involving a flash and smoke, I now only have a 3rd party PSP slim battery. However, I would still like to install custom firmware if possible. The no-name battery looks like this :

After opening the case (no smoke this time around- I have learned my lesson!), however, I am stuck with poorly labelled SMT parts. Two of them clearly are integrated circuits- a 10-lead one with this label:
802PL

And a smaller 8-lead one which reads
4A
.78MB

Can anyone tell me what products these might be ? Do they match the MCU+Eprom setup found in Sony's batteries ? Any ideas ?

Thanks ![/img]
Wally

Post by Wally »

This is why you don't use third party batteries..

I doubt they will work.

If you are from australia I will post you one for $20 which you may keep.

Wally
totaljerk

Post by totaljerk »

Hi Wally4000,

These pandora batteries are badly manufactured from china, and are badly labelled and probably are a bit different to official PSP batteries.

If you can, try and work with datel batteries, as they are closer to the original sony batteries and are properly labelled. On the other hand you can try and take a small risk it with a pandora tool battery, and take a risky with some with zinc exploding in your face.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Ugh I didn't ask for a pandora battery.
GORETHRASHER

Post by GORETHRASHER »

I have cut open my 'original' Australian PSP battery which didn't have the required chip in it, so I think your out of luck.

I ended up borrowing a friends battery which he got from from thailand, this had the correct chip to mod.