Searching In Lines

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dariusc123456

Searching In Lines

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Hey everyone. I have a real problem. I created a programming language, but if dont want to read line by line. It just want to read the first line, and thats it. Ever since I started to use memcpy, memset, etc., it Havent work write.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Not PSP development related. Would a mod please lock this thread?

I will say, this: you can make you own language but can't read just one line?!? Sorry, but that's one language NO ONE will EVER use. :P
Wally

Post by Wally »

BTW nice of you to make 4 threads of the same thing :-D

I appreciate the effort.

Wally
PosX100

Re: Searching In Lines

Post by PosX100 »

Dariusc123456 wrote:I created a programming language
In your dreams , maybe...

Efficient Scripting language without parsing text & building the code i don't think that exists(except a few inefficient parser implementations that i've seen... reading/parsing "commands" in plain text format at runtime...).

First learn C or C++ , then find information about parsing , building AND executing opcodes(and trust me , it isn't that easy as you might be thinking).
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Now listin, I have been programming in C for awhile. This for the psp and you just dont understand.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

J.F. wrote:Not PSP development related. Would a mod please lock this thread?

I will say, this: you can make you own language but can't read just one line?!? Sorry, but that's one language NO ONE will EVER use. :P
IT ONLY READ ONE LINE
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Dariusc123456 wrote:

IT ONLY READ ONE LINE
That's still just a C/C++ problem, not a PSP problem. If you can't even do standard C/C++, you shouldn't be trying to make your own language.

Sounds like you need to get this working on a PC first, then try to move it the PSP.
Ooblik

Post by Ooblik »

IF YOU DON'T KNOW ENGLISH GET OUT OF THE ENGLISH FORUMS!!! WE CAN'T / WON'T HELP YOU!!!
PosX100

Post by PosX100 »

Dariusc123456 wrote:Now listin, I have been programming in C for awhile. This for the psp and you just dont understand.
rofl ...H.o.S ftw!!!
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

J.F. wrote:
Dariusc123456 wrote:

IT ONLY READ ONE LINE
That's still just a C/C++ problem, not a PSP problem. If you can't even do standard C/C++, you shouldn't be trying to make your own language.

Sounds like you need to get this working on a PC first, then try to move it the PSP.
The pc version works perfectly. Its based on C, but with psp version, it only read one line. encrypted or decrypted, it just read one line. ill release the code if I can find any problem. I know making a programming language itnt easy, every thing I ask help for is not easy to make. Even sony have problems with coding.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Dariusc123456 wrote: The pc version works perfectly. Its based on C, but with psp version, it only read one line. encrypted or decrypted, it just read one line. ill release the code if I can find any problem. I know making a programming language itnt easy, every thing I ask help for is not easy to make. Even sony have problems with coding.
Well, there isn't much we can do without some kind of code. If it works on a PC but not the PSP, look at how you handle fetching a line. Maybe you're making an assumption about the return value that just happens to work on the PC. If you want an example of reading data from a file a line at a time on the PSP, look at my settings code in psp_main.c of Doom. It reads all the lines to get the settings, reading one line at a time. I don't see how that can be a problem unless you are relying on something PC specific.

Does the one line it reads get processed correctly? Knowing that would also help pinpoint the problem. Maybe it has a problem with that first line and simply quits.

Another thing might be the stack. The stack between a PC progam and a PSP program are different. The PSP defaults to a small stack. One person was trying to do an SDL example that used over a meg of stack space (local variable arrays), which was far too big. After making the PSP stack bigger, it ran fine. To change the stack size, add this to main.c:

Code: Select all

PSP_MAIN_THREAD_STACK_SIZE_KB(size);
where size is a constant giving the number of kilobytes.
PosX100

Post by PosX100 »

The pc version works perfectly. Its based on C, but with psp version, it only read one line.
... loL.
encrypted or decrypted, it just read one line.
Encrypted ... what?
MAYBE you're up to something else ... and hiding your UBER PRoJeCT??
I know making a programming language itnt easy
Its called SCRIPTING language , lmao.

I highly doubt you have something like that running(except if you're trying to port something,but again , judging by your posts ... can't take you seriously , sorry...)...
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

I never expected anyone too. Ill took into it.