MyPSP Touchscreen: a TS.prx plugin as interface over XMB

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mypspdev

MyPSP Touchscreen: a TS.prx plugin as interface over XMB

Post by mypspdev »

Hi all, finally MyPSP, the suite I hope you remember with hardware (microcontroller) and software applications for robotics and human interfaces, now has a fully working Touchscreen both on slim (2000) and fat (1000), hope soon with 3000..., too.

It means that MyPSP application could fully use on screen menu commands, including interaction with OpenCV image processing, where it's important.

Now I'm thinking to create a prx plugin to work with Touchscreen since original XMB.

According to the work done with pikey and sio.prx, as well as the original XMB works with up, down, right, left logic, navigating thru all areas, I was thinking to capture from Touchscreen teh same finger-gestures: up, down, right, left, and CROSS as touch without moving, running what in evidence on screen from XMB.

I'll appreciate comments on it or different ideas.

Thanks, best regards
Cpasjuste

Post by Cpasjuste »

You could also grab the position of each items/icons menu (with a little prx running on top of xmb) in every xmb position to allow direct touch of items. It's a lot of work but the result could be cool.
angelo

Post by angelo »

Fist you need to produce a log to get as much data as you can from the toucreen device. One you now enoughinformation about it and how it works, you can then work on the PRX plugin.

Feel free to exploit piKey. There's a lot of usefull snippets in that source code!

Angelo
Dariusc123456

Re: MyPSP Touchscreen: a TS.prx plugin as interface over XMB

Post by Dariusc123456 »

mypspdev wrote:Hi all, finally MyPSP, the suite I hope you remember with hardware (microcontroller) and software applications for robotics and human interfaces, now has a fully working Touchscreen both on slim (2000) and fat (1000), hope soon with 3000..., too.

It means that MyPSP application could fully use on screen menu commands, including interaction with OpenCV image processing, where it's important.

Now I'm thinking to create a prx plugin to work with Touchscreen since original XMB.

According to the work done with pikey and sio.prx, as well as the original XMB works with up, down, right, left logic, navigating thru all areas, I was thinking to capture from Touchscreen teh same finger-gestures: up, down, right, left, and CROSS as touch without moving, running what in evidence on screen from XMB.

I'll appreciate comments on it or different ideas.

Thanks, best regards
Cool thing you done. Will you by any chance release your source on placing a touch screen on the psp? I would be pretty nice if you did. Keep up the good work
mypspdev

Re: MyPSP Touchscreen: a TS.prx plugin as interface over XMB

Post by mypspdev »

Dariusc123456 wrote: Cool thing you done. Will you by any chance release your source on placing a touch screen on the psp? I would be pretty nice if you did. Keep up the good work
I'm out of my pc this week, but I can tell you i advance that the RS232 Touchscreen controller I'm using is sending a 4-bytes set:
for example 81xxyy01 when screen is pressed and 80xxyy00 when released.
So a RX thread could receive the pack of the 4-bytes and it's up to the procedure to detect the bit for Press state or release state and convert the Touchscreen/Controller range of xx and yy values into the 480-272 PSP display resolution.
Very very simple, nothing extraordinary.
The most part is to set-up a working hardware.

To work with XMB bya a TS.prx, I'm assuming, but not yet started, as up,down,right,left and CROSS it's just a timed detection of ranges xx_old yy_old to xx_new yy_new for driving directions or no-move touch and send a corresponding character to pikey.
hope it will work: I've to develop this part.