dc v6 graphics

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Torch

Post by Torch »

moonlight wrote:Well, the boot params are only passed to vshmain, and not to the rest of modules.
So I should give 0,Null when I load the other *_real modules and only pass them to vshmain??

Then why is boot params not being received at all by vshmain when I have dummy paf.prx?? Its not affected if I dummy the other modules.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

I dunno it is odd, but yeah vshmain is the only one receiven boot params. All other receive NULL.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Torch, you won't have to worry about heaparea1.prx in 5.00. They deleted it along with heaparea2.prx. I guess that either paf or vshmain have inherited the memory allocation, probably paf.
Torch

Post by Torch »

moonlight wrote:Torch, you won't have to worry about heaparea1.prx in 5.00. They deleted it along with heaparea2.prx. I guess that either paf or vshmain have inherited the memory allocation, probably paf.
Thanks for the info. I hope that the vshargs problem is also gone. I sent you a PM.

Regarding the PM, is it possible to make it in 4.01m33 update 3?
Super Sheep

Post by Super Sheep »

Torch wrote:
moonlight wrote:Torch, you won't have to worry about heaparea1.prx in 5.00. They deleted it along with heaparea2.prx. I guess that either paf or vshmain have inherited the memory allocation, probably paf.
Thanks for the info. I hope that the vshargs problem is also gone. I sent you a PM.

*cough*http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopi ... =44&t=1521*/cough*

I believe Paf would have the memory allocation. I know that paf allocates memory for the XMB Icons, PTF, Lzrc etc
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Torch wrote:

WEll, it would be 5.00 M33-2 :p
Torch

Post by Torch »

If I want to put my app in the pspbtjnf.bin, which thing should I use $, $% or $%% ? Whats the difference in each?

$% works for my app, but just want to know.
Torch

Post by Torch »

My vshmain replace app using VLF is launched with $%% cos thats what vshmain.prx has. Whats the difference between $%% and $%, my app works in both. I read that $ is for kernel mode launch.

BTW, I assume that you must already be working on the 5.00 wave in VLF :D
What about the other small effects, like the Page control sliding and fade out effect ?
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

The truth is that I don't have any idea where the new wave is, not that I have looked much for it :P

About the other question, well I don't use any txt to bin converter, I just create a program that modifies the original bin of sony to make what i want.

In the past, when there was a txt file, the symbols meant:

$ -> file signchecked, this is due to versions prior to 2.71 having some files signchecked and other not, but this changed later and all files had $.
% -> to be loaded at user memory
%% -> main executable.

I don't know if the converter you are using looks at that or not.
Torch

Post by Torch »

I'm using FreePlay's converter.

The vshargs are still not being received if paf.prx is dummied in 5.00 :(
phobox

Post by phobox »

since you, moonlight, are about to release (when you want, don't be in a hurry) a 1.0 version of vlf lib, i have to suggest to focus on icons (cross, circle, triangle etc) when insered into text using the function vlfGuiChangeCharacterByButton.

the problems i found about this are
-alignement is not working.
-if you change the position of the text (vlfGuiSetTextXY) only the text moves and the icon stays where it was
-effects are now working on the icon, and i don't know hao tho get the icon ID in order to use it with vlfGuiSetShadowedPictureFade.

looking forward to a stable release,
keep on working, thanks.
Ciao! from Italy
AJ-829

Post by AJ-829 »

i am new to programming in the psp.

when i try to compile the 'vunbricker', i get

Code: Select all

username@computer ~/vunbricker/vunbricker
$make
psppacker 400I resurrection.prx
make: psppacker: command not found
make: *** [release] Error 127
what am i doing wrong?
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Just ignore the error or open the makefile and remove first lines referencing to it.
Torch

Post by Torch »

moonlight wrote:Just ignore the error or open the makefile and remove first lines referencing to it.
Even if I use the packer like that, the output resurrection.prx is non-functional?

Do you use a special packer for M33 modules than the one you have released?
AJ-829

Post by AJ-829 »

what is the point on releasing this?
besides using it a sample to make the wave things.
Torch

Post by Torch »

AJ-829 wrote:what is the point on releasing this?
Why don't you STFU if you have nothing useful to say?
There are apps which use it:
http://forums.mformature.net/showthread.php?t=221
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

AJ-829 wrote:what is the point on releasing this?
Wave things?!?!? lol, man, is that all you make of it. DAX is one step closer to puting graphics icons, and allowing it be loaded directly from the xmb, and all you can make of it is "wave things."??

The vlf.prx is really constructed almost like sony media engine. Only thing now is to reverse the prx files that holds the key to load prx(or pbp) directly from the xmb.
AJ-829

Post by AJ-829 »

I am sorry am new to this, its just that when i read this:
Even if I use the packer like that, the output resurrection.prx is non-functional?
I understood that it meant that it was Non-functional, but now after some time trying to understand the code, i learned that it is just one file out of many files in the DCv6. the resurrection.prx is the menu you get to see in DCv6.

I don't know a correct name for this, i did know that this is still work in progress.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

psppacker is only to compress the prx. If you remove reference to it, it will work perfectly uncompressed. The public psp-packer doesn't compress these modules because Sony changes these tags in every firmware and it didn't worth to put them in the public psp-packer.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

moonlight wrote:psppacker is only to compress the prx. If you remove reference to it, it will work perfectly uncompressed. The public psp-packer doesn't compress these modules because Sony changes these tags in every firmware and it didn't worth to put them in the public psp-packer.
Cant it be decompress? I try to do so, but it come out wrong.
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

I think that you can do that with a simple Prx decrypter...
Super Sheep

Post by Super Sheep »

Or truncate the header and add ".gz" to the filename.
Cruiserx

Post by Cruiserx »

Sorry to bump this. How is the vlflib progressing?

Also i have a problem. I made an app using the vlflib and it works fine on 4.01M33 and 3.40OE (via TM) but when i run it on 5.00M33 the screen stays black for a few seconds and shuts off. I can't figure out why. I thought it had something to do with the new prxs, rcos etc... I have also tried running waves example from moonlight and i get the same problem.

I would really appreciate some help.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

I haven't had much time to work on it, but some day before 10 december I should release next version.
Cruiserx

Post by Cruiserx »

moonlight wrote:I haven't had much time to work on it, but some day before 10 december I should release next version.
Thank you for the reply, moonlight. I will be waiting.
So it isn't something in my code that needs to be changed? Just incompatibility?

Cheers
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Cruiserx wrote:
moonlight wrote:I haven't had much time to work on it, but some day before 10 december I should release next version.
Thank you for the reply, moonlight. I will be waiting.
So it isn't something in my code that needs to be changed? Just incompatibility?

Cheers
Well, for me old vlf works fine in 5.00 M33, I don't know what can be the problem.
Try to run the DC6/DC7 installer just to see if it displays fine (it does for me).
Torch

Post by Torch »

moonlight wrote: Well, for me old vlf works fine in 5.00 M33, I don't know what can be the problem.
Try to run the DC6/DC7 installer just to see if it displays fine (it does for me).
The older version works for me too. In both EBOOT as well as vshmain replacement.

@moonlight: Any hope of getting the new 5.00 Wave in next version? And possibly play with the Wave parameters like the Visualizer modifies the Wave effect?

And were you able to see the Bus speed not being locked bug in Game mode?
Cruiserx

Post by Cruiserx »

Get a bat and hit me over the head with it. It wan't working because GAME was set to 1.50 not 5.XX. Someone must have changed it since i always keep it on 5.XX.

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the trouble, everything is working fine.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Torch wrote:
moonlight wrote: Well, for me old vlf works fine in 5.00 M33, I don't know what can be the problem.
The older version works for me too. In both EBOOT as well as vshmain replacement.

@moonlight: Any hope of getting the new 5.00 Wave in next version? And possibly play with the Wave parameters like the Visualizer modifies the Wave effect?

And were you able to see the Bus speed not being locked bug in Game mode?
I haven't looked yet where the new model is. I will look the bus speed thing for next M33.
phobox

Post by phobox »

may i report a little bug?

when i create a spin control with the current value equal to the max one, the "up" icon is visible. Anyway you cannot increase that value so it's not a big problem...

same thing if i set the current value equal to the lowest, the "down" icon is visible.

ok, anotherone:
if a change the position of a text that has a focus the focus doesn't change position =(
Ciao! from Italy