OSK in XMB prx plugin

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

hotter

OSK in XMB prx plugin

Post by hotter »

I tried to use OSK (on screen keyboard) in my XMB prx but it crashes. So is it possible at all to use osk in XMB prx plugin? if so, what could I be doing wrong? prx sould be in user mode or kernel?
Pragramming with:
Microsoft Visual C 2008 + pspsdk MINPSPW 0.8.10
Torch

Post by Torch »

I don't think a kernel prx can use the OSK. And in user mode there is no memory to load the OSK in XMB on the Phat, aside from various other complications due to the VSH rendering the menu already.
hotter

Post by hotter »

And how about using the same OSK like XMB uses to change Nickname? I guess it is already loaded... Is it possible?
Pragramming with:
Microsoft Visual C 2008 + pspsdk MINPSPW 0.8.10
Torch

Post by Torch »

It'll be way to complex to hijack any already loaded ones.
jean

Post by jean »

I don't know if i have well understood, but Torch, do you have any suggestion on how to find already loaded OSKs?
Torch

Post by Torch »

Nah thats way beyond me. You'll have to ask someone with vast reverse engineering experience.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Kernel mode should have 100% access to any type of function. I'm not saying it does, but it should.

Since the SCE OSK can load on the xmb, you might have to have enough memory to load it. Or it may crash. Ill take a closer look at the xmb memory tomorrow. I might have to check the ipl too.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Dariusc123456 wrote:Kernel mode should have 100% access to any type of function. I'm not saying it does, but it should.
You can call the functions from kernel, but the the GU stuff that it uses needs allocation in user memory.
Dariusc123456 wrote:I might have to check the ipl too.
Right. You also better dump the pre-IPL and check that incase they've sabotaged the OSK from being used by homebrew at boot time.