5.51-5.55 Explot - Medal of Honor : Any good?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dariusc123456

5.51-5.55 Explot - Medal of Honor : Any good?

Post by Dariusc123456 »

As one current exploit couldnt be patch that was in 5.51, it seems like it works in 5.55 ofw.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/08/09/psp ... h-exploit/

Is there any use of this exploit to users? Could it help to aleast make a HEN version of 5.55 so users can run it on there psp along with other things?
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
ab5000

Re: 5.51-5.55 Explot - Medal of Honor : Any good?

Post by ab5000 »

Dariusc123456 wrote:As one current exploit couldnt be patch that was in 5.51, it seems like it works in 5.55 ofw.

Is there any use of this exploit to users? Could it help to aleast make a HEN version of 5.55 so users can run it on there psp along with other things?
it isn't possible to make an HEN without a kernel exploit. and we haven't got any kernel exploit on 5.55...

Code: Select all

%&#58;include<stdio.h>
int _&#40;int __,int ___,int ____,int _____&#41;
<%for&#40;;____<___;_____=_____*__,____++&#41;;
return _____;%>main&#40;&#41;<%printf
&#40;"%d\n",_&#40;2,5,0,1&#41;&#41;;%>
slasher2661996

Re: 5.51-5.55 Explot - Medal of Honor : Any good?

Post by slasher2661996 »

ab5000 wrote:
Dariusc123456 wrote:As one current exploit couldnt be patch that was in 5.51, it seems like it works in 5.55 ofw.

it isn't possible to make an HEN without a kernel exploit. and we haven't got any kernel exploit on 5.55...

There is a 90% chance someone has found one but not released it, they are waiting for the Go! and if they release it Sony would patch it
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Sony PSP Go could have some new security features build within it. Medal of Honor Exploit is good, but we must find a away to use the kernal mode. For now, usermode is good for developers to make emulators. You can also access the ram in VSH mode (if the exploit even allow thats), or someone can make a kernel prx to install hen onto the psp.

Sony wouldve patch this exploit, but maybe they havent know that the wifi can be use as a exploit. Maybe other games that support for wifi can also do the same.

EDIT:

I think that they didnt patch it because they are releasing the PSP Go soon.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

DariusC... xD
usermode is good for developers to make emulators
I would rather make an eloader to make use of existing emulators. Pretty useless to adapt each emultor to a new exploit, don't you think?
You can also access the ram in VSH mode
How would you do that? It's a game exploit, I remind you :P
someone can make a kernel prx to install hen onto the psp
Huh? How would you run a non-signed PRX? If you can, how would you load it on kernel mode? :P
Sony wouldve patch this exploit, but maybe they havent know that the wifi can be use as a exploit
Sony can't patch a thing as it is a MOHH exploit, not a FW one. The vulnerability is a format-string one on MoHH code. So EA should patch it, not Sony. And I doubt that's going to happen. You can even expect the same vulnerability on MoHH2.
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
ab5000

Post by ab5000 »

m0skit0 wrote:Sony can't patch a thing as it is a MOHH exploit, not a FW one. The vulnerability is a format-string one on MoHH code. So EA should patch it, not Sony. And I doubt that's going to happen. You can even expect the same vulnerability on MoHH2.
that's true, but i saw references to some hackable games (lumines, gta, ecc) in umdman.prx. strange thing...

Code: Select all

%&#58;include<stdio.h>
int _&#40;int __,int ___,int ____,int _____&#41;
<%for&#40;;____<___;_____=_____*__,____++&#41;;
return _____;%>main&#40;&#41;<%printf
&#40;"%d\n",_&#40;2,5,0,1&#41;&#41;;%>
Bubbletune

Post by Bubbletune »

ab500 wrote:that's true, but i saw references to some hackable games (lumines, gta, ecc) in umdman.prx. strange thing...
Sony also patches games themselfs with firmware updates, they just haven't bothered yet with Medal of Honour. I'm pretty sure that by the time the PSP Go is released, they will have bothered.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

It just might be that Sony never expected wifi games to be an exploit. I wonder how they patch the UMD exploits.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
Bubbletune

Post by Bubbletune »

I have just the perfect reply for you.
Davee wrote:Right, I'mma be blunt. You need to stop pretending you know what your talking about because the shit coming out of your mouth is disgusting. I constantly see you posting acting like you know what your talking about and it is really annoying. It's also misleading to developers.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Bubbletune wrote:I have just the perfect reply for you.
Davee wrote:Right, I'mma be blunt. You need to stop pretending you know what your talking about because the shit coming out of your mouth is disgusting. I constantly see you posting acting like you know what your talking about and it is really annoying. It's also misleading to developers.
Does it look like I care what anyone says?
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

Dariusc123456 wrote:Does it look like I care what anyone says?
Sadly not...

Anyway, Sony can't patch the UMD once it has been printed, granted, but they can (and have, in all the previous user mode exploits) patch the firmware so that the exploit doesn't work.

And also, the reason that it works in 5.55 is probably the same reason that the tiff exploit worked on 5.05 - It is probably just a release to fix SDK bugs as required by some games.
:)
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

cloudhunter wrote:
Dariusc123456 wrote:Does it look like I care what anyone says?
Sadly not...

Anyway, Sony can't patch the UMD once it has been printed, granted, but they can (and have, in all the previous user mode exploits) patch the firmware so that the exploit doesn't work.

And also, the reason that it works in 5.55 is probably the same reason that the tiff exploit worked on 5.05 - It is probably just a release to fix SDK bugs as required by some games.
Do you know where they patch it at? UMD eboot.bin and boot.bin are patch by Sony so it can do different things.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

How can you patch the game's code? That's not possible, unless they patch it on the fly when loading the game into memory... Which I don't think they do (or do they? xD)

I think you're talking about patching kernel exploits found through those games, or maybe those game exploits rely on a FW code vulnerability, which is not the case here. Cannot see how Sony can patch other developers' code without having the code in question, retire all UMDs from market and printing them again. Or radically change the firmware inner working (for example marking stack as non-executable, which cannot be done on PSP, afaik), which is not an option because they'll lose compatibility.

Btw, did they patch the Gripshift exploit?
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
Bubbletune

Post by Bubbletune »

m0skit0 wrote:How can you patch the game's code? That's not possible, unless they patch it on the fly when loading the game into memory... Which I don't think they do (or do they? xD)

I think you're talking about patching kernel exploits found through those games, or maybe those game exploits rely on a FW code vulnerability, which is not the case here. Cannot see how Sony can patch other developers' code without having the code in question, retire all UMDs from market and printing them again. Or radically change the firmware inner working (for example marking stack as non-executable, which cannot be done on PSP, afaik), which is not an option because they'll lose compatibility.

Btw, did they patch the Gripshift exploit?
No, they modify the savedata modules in order to check for eg. the buffer overflowfor a specific game in the savedata, and tell the game that it's corrupt if they find it. And yes, they fixed the GripShift exploit in 5.03.
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

Ok I got it. Weird behaviour anyway. That savedata module will be a couple of megs bigger in a couple of years xD
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

m0skit0 wrote:How can you patch the game's code?
Sorry, let me make it clearer.

In the pass, they patch the eboot.bin and boot.bin in the umd to stop exploits. Now these days, they make a patch for the psp it self to stop UMD exploits (or the one been founded).
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?