PSP Programming Newbie

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Hunter0609

PSP Programming Newbie

Post by Hunter0609 »

Hello! I need help.
My name is Diogo, I'm 17 and I am in the last year of highschool.
I'm in a professional school in the management computer science course.
In this last year of school i have to present to the whole school a project with a group intitled test of professional aptitude.

One of my team mates had the idea of making an application for the psp. i thought this would be a great idea, beacause it's something that is not very common.

however the only programming languages i found capable of running in the psp are the lua, using the lua player which is a nice language since it is easier, and the other is c or c++, and i tried by going throught a tutorial installing cygwin and psptoolchain and i didnt managed to do it :(

i also saw in this website something called pspsdk but i really didnt understood it and didnt found any tutorial

the programming language i use in school is visual basic 2005

I would like to ask you to please write a comment about this idea for a really big project like this one. and if you have ideas on applications you think would be a cool project please leave a reply. also if you have any tutorial like for pspsdk or something please post it as well if possible. thank you for your time.

also i know my english is not the best because im from portugal. i hope someone can help me

cheers!
usertestprueba

Post by usertestprueba »

Hola compañero de península y de edad xDDDDDD

You should use this installer, is much more easier than the cygwin:
http://psp.scenebeta.com/noticia/kit-de ... ara-torpes

All the info is in spanish, I think you won't have any problems ;-)

That is the installer that I used to use when I still (was an idiot) had Windows xD

I hope this information is useful ;-)

Cheers,
Carlosgs
Hunter0609

Post by Hunter0609 »

muchas gracias!! one question thought what if i use linux? does it has more compability for psp programming tools? i have ubuntu
pegasus2000

Re: PSP Programming Newbie

Post by pegasus2000 »

Hunter0609 wrote:Hello! I need help.
My name is Diogo, I'm 17 and I am in the last year of highschool.
I'm in a professional school in the management computer science course.
In this last year of school i have to present to the whole school a project with a group intitled test of professional aptitude.

One of my team mates had the idea of making an application for the psp. i thought this would be a great idea, beacause it's something that is not very common.

however the only programming languages i found capable of running in the psp are the lua, using the lua player which is a nice language since it is easier, and the other is c or c++, and i tried by going throught a tutorial installing cygwin and psptoolchain and i didnt managed to do it :(

i also saw in this website something called pspsdk but i really didnt understood it and didnt found any tutorial

the programming language i use in school is visual basic 2005

I would like to ask you to please write a comment about this idea for a really big project like this one. and if you have ideas on applications you think would be a cool project please leave a reply. also if you have any tutorial like for pspsdk or something please post it as well if possible. thank you for your time.

also i know my english is not the best because im from portugal. i hope someone can help me

cheers!

http://visilab.unime.it/~filippo/Nanode ... P_PSPE.htm
Hunter0609

Post by Hunter0609 »

thx already downloading nanodektop!

to usertestprueba: the part where i have to had the path in windows i don't know how to do it because of the names, if you could tell me in english i would be appreciated

thx again!!
PsPfReAK

Post by PsPfReAK »

well im on windows and i use visual basic and notepad++

very easy to install.

The pspsdk is the header files for the Psp, like for everything :)
Hunter0609

Post by Hunter0609 »

PsPfReAK: so i can work in visual basic and in vb language and only use the psp parameters from the sdk? that's great!
slasher2661996

Post by slasher2661996 »

No you can't use vb. It just simply won't work.
You have to code in C/C++
usertestprueba

Post by usertestprueba »

Hunter0609 wrote:to usertestprueba: the part where i have to had the path in windows i don't know how to do it because of the names, if you could tell me in english i would be appreciated
Sorry, I can't help you, I don't remember the instalation of that, I only remember that it was really easy :-S

Last time I install it was long time ago... xD

cheers
iceman755

Post by iceman755 »

The most easy to install and use pspsdk for windows (and up to date) is the one made by Heimdall, it's name is MinPSPW and the webpage is http://minpspw.sourceforge.net/

The installation is very easy, just "next" to everything and you're done, the download is no more than 30 MB ;)

Happy coding!!!
"Libera eas de ore leonis, ne absorbeat eas tartarus, ne cadant in obscurum"
PsPfReAK

Post by PsPfReAK »

no you cant code in VB, but you can use the compiler to compile your C/C++ stuff inside of it after you install the pspsdk.

i write the code in notepad++ in C/C++ then compile it in visual C++