Ad-Hoc/ Instant Messaging

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

timesplitter88

Ad-Hoc/ Instant Messaging

Post by timesplitter88 »

Ive never used ad-hoc before so im not 100% sure how it works (friends cant afford a psp lol) But just a thought: could it be possible with a future firmware update that you could be able to instant message a PSP within the vicinty of your own (ala DS). IMHO the only thing the DS had going for it was the IM feature with any DS in the area. Could it be possible to somehow implement this feature into the PSP with out using an internet connection?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

In the hopes that you'll stop posting any stray idea you have in a separate threads, I'll answer your question.

Yes, it is possible. If you have the ability to write and run your own code.

Now here's the hard part, and is really why these forums are here in the first place. Listen carefully. These forums are for development purposes. It isn't here so you can point out the latest link to the latest yawn-fest fake article or fresh-out-of-the-ass rumor. Please stick to posting genuine and verified information, either from a news source or through your own efforts because otherwise you are nothing more than a yapping dog running around the ankles of people who are becoming increasingly angry at this invasion.

Do us all a favour and go play actual games on your PSP. Come back in no fewer than six months from now and see if we've progressed enough for your flights of fancy to even have a remote chance of being realized. Stop wasting our time just because you have nothing to fill yours.

(Sheesh, what's next? "It looks smooth and I've well lubricated, but do you think I can slip this PSP up my ass?")

Post by Guest »

Oopo, either someone pissed in your maple syrup this morning, or you have been practicing with relish your ability to deliver awe-inspiring verbal repartees. In any event, I stand before you as one who is quite impressed. It takes a lot to rile a Canuck.
Energy

Post by Energy »

gorim wrote:Oopo, either someone pissed in your maple syrup this morning, or you have been practicing with relish your ability to deliver awe-inspiring verbal repartees. In any event, I stand before you as one who is quite impressed. It takes a lot to rile a Canuck.
I think he may be a bit saw from the GTA thing.... he does have a point tho. Tho my posts aren't the best, mine do just about scrape in to some form of dev information.
asmodi

Post by asmodi »

Did I just fall in love in ooPo?
jamima69

Post by jamima69 »

damn,oopo is def right,but i think someone needs to lay off the caffine.
yourworstmemory

Post by yourworstmemory »

ooPo wrote:In the hopes that you'll stop posting any stray idea you have in a separate threads, I'll answer your question.

Yes, it is possible. If you have the ability to write and run your own code.

Now here's the hard part, and is really why these forums are here in the first place. Listen carefully. These forums are for development purposes. It isn't here so you can point out the latest link to the latest yawn-fest fake article or fresh-out-of-the-ass rumor. Please stick to posting genuine and verified information, either from a news source or through your own efforts because otherwise you are nothing more than a yapping dog running around the ankles of people who are becoming increasingly angry at this invasion.

Do us all a favour and go play actual games on your PSP. Come back in no fewer than six months from now and see if we've progressed enough for your flights of fancy to even have a remote chance of being realized. Stop wasting our time just because you have nothing to fill yours.

(Sheesh, what's next? "It looks smooth and I've well lubricated, but do you think I can slip this PSP up my ass?")

what an asshole.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

If you cant take it, go away. This is a dev forum. live with it.
Kung VU
pixel

Post by pixel »

yourworstmemory wrote:what an asshole.
Now calling a moderator an asshole isn't what I'd call a very smart move.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

Who said lamers where smart to begin with ?
Kung VU

Post by Guest »

yourworstmemory wrote:what an asshole.
The most disappointing thing about your post is that you didn't even put 1/1000th the effort into your insult that Oopo put into his. This is precisely the problem we are fighting lately - no effort and no class.

As others have said, this is a dev forum. If you cannot even be bothered to contribute even a decent, well thought-out reply to Oopo's eloquent riposte, what else could we possibly expect ?