Stop locking the forums

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

steddy

Stop locking the forums

Post by steddy »

The dev's in this forum are really pissing me and I suspect nearly everyone else off. Stop locking the f**king forums.

I have been a coder for 22 years and something I have learned in that time is things don't always come from where you expect. When the MS Smartphones were first launched within 3 weeks there was a kid boasting on Modaco that he had found a way to hack them. I and nobody else believed him and he started all the usual threats about not showing what he had done. Turned out we were all wrong and he had done it.

Stop trying to bow down to Sony in the vain hope that they will provide you with the information you need to dev the PSP. They WON'T. Sony will be laughing there asses off that you keep locking forums that could lead to a discovery just because you got on your high and mighty. When you do find a way to run code no matter how legal you think you've been, Sony will still shut you down. You can claim all you like that you did nothing wrong but are you really gonna pay millions to prove yourself right in Court? No I didn't think so.

RANT over I guess. The morale of this story is if you don't stop acting like god and cutting off legitimate development efforts because YOU don't agree with them, then people will go elsewhere and you won't be the ones that find out how its down. To that end if this continues then you will lose my patronage and I will setup and alternative community for people to freely comment in. Thats why these things are called DISCUSSION FORUMS you know, not PERMISSION FORUMS!

Steddy

Steddy
Neil Stevens

Post by Neil Stevens »

Stop locking and start banning, then, heh.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Re: Stop locking the forums

Post by Drakonite »

steddy wrote:To that end if this continues then you will lose my patronage
Then leave. You obviously neither understand whats going on nor why it's going on. I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you like it's been explained a dozen times over already when you refuse to understand.

The rules and their enforcement are not going to suddenly become more lax, in fact quite the opposite. As time passes more topics will become taboo as they are shown to be against the rules of these forums.

Our rules are our rules. They are not going to change because you decide you don't like them.

All of these "ooh, I'm going to leave! That'll hurt you!" threads are getting annoying. I don't care if you leave, the worst it will do to me (or anyone else here) is that I no longer have to read this post, and the more you go on and on about it the more likely I'll get tired of it and just start banning everyone that says they are leaving to get it over with.

So if you are going to leave, leave.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

steddy wrote:Stop trying to bow down to Sony in the vain hope that they will provide you with the information you need to dev the PSP. They WON'T. Sony will be laughing there asses off that you keep locking forums that could lead to a discovery just because you got on your high and mighty. When you do find a way to run code no matter how legal you think you've been, Sony will still shut you down. You can claim all you like that you did nothing wrong but are you really gonna pay millions to prove yourself right in Court? No I didn't think so.
First where did you get the idea that we are waiting for Sony to provide us with info on how to run code on the PSP ?

Second the psp general discussion was locked, now tell me did you think there was ANY dev related posts on that index ? I think not. The PSP dev index is still there, if you have any dev related info thats where to put it, we are not and dont want to be a general psp forum, there are plenty to go around, just like there are for PS2.
Kung VU
Pitas

Post by Pitas »

[quote="blackdroid
Second the psp general discussion was locked, now tell me did you think there was ANY dev related posts on that index ? [/quote]

hehehe, now blackdroid, tell me....and in this forum there are really good dev on psp....give me a break, this dev thing will gain much more if it listens to everybody experiences than listen to only a few speculations....i agree with the moderators that's too much noise, but beating up every rookie that comes along, isn't that too much!? i 1rst noticed this forum cause of it's simplicity on comment things....and i just look around to see whats the latest news, but now looks like this forum is just for a few ones! looks like this forum is on flames war....i'm already shutting up :x
Histo

Post by Histo »

Please show an example were a dev related post was locked. Personally I think this thread should be locked as once again it has nothing to do with developement.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Moved to off-topic and per the users request, locked.
"He was warned..."