AVItoPMP (1.2.0): advanced tool for pmp video

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

psp

Post by psp »

I often convert video from a network device (for example: "\\Maxximus\filmz\Gagarin.mpg") - just change the output path to your hard drive and it works 100%
After recheck I found that the problem was that the input path contains Hebrew characters.
I suppose it doesn't work with Hebrew path (when I look at the bat file I saw that all the Hebrew characters were all changed to weird symbolic characters)

I will just changed the name of the folder.
therock003

Post by therock003 »

Very good programm but i wonder why it's missing the following important functions.

A)Batch encoding.Instead of opening each file individually y can't we add multiple files at once?
B)Why can't we set quality of audio when it is vbr?
C)Multiple passes for avc?

Keep up the great work.
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

therock003 wrote:Very good programm but i wonder why it's missing the following important functions.

A)Batch encoding.Instead of opening each file individually y can't we add multiple files at once?
B)Why can't we set quality of audio when it is vbr?
C)Multiple passes for avc?

Keep up the great work.
A. If you want to encode not very large quantity of files then just use queue - all settings are saved and changing resolution is auto.
B. Fixed - download new .exe build
C. Hmm, seems that it's working... or not? :)

P.S. New build is ready to download (v0.9.8.49):
- quality of audio when it is vbr
- wmv files are supported (dll added in a archive) - but you need to manually set fps (for example: 25)
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Thanks uNn, yet another fine release!
Regards,

Alcahest
therock003

Post by therock003 »

uNn99 wrote: A. If you want to encode not very large quantity of files then just use queue - all settings are saved and changing resolution is auto.
B. Fixed - download new .exe build
C. Hmm, seems that it's working... or not? :)

P.S. New build is ready to download (v0.9.8.49):
- quality of audio when it is vbr
- wmv files are supported (dll added in a archive) - but you need to manually set fps (for example: 25)
A)I sometimes want to encode lotys of files so it's not convenient to add in queuee.
C)How do you enable multiple passes for AVC?

I also have a question about the crop option.For example if i have a 4:3 source file and want to convert to 16:9 so i can have fullscreen i use crop.But does your setting mean that it only crops from one side,instead for cropping equally from both?Like 94 means cropping 94 from the top height or 47 from the top and 47 from the bottom?

Cause i tried cropping and realised that it cropped a lot from the top.
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

therock003 wrote:
uNn99 wrote: A)I sometimes want to encode lotys of files so it's not convenient to add in queuee.
C)How do you enable multiple passes for AVC?

I also have a question about the crop option.For example if i have a 4:3 source file and want to convert to 16:9 so i can have fullscreen i use crop.But does your setting mean that it only crops from one side,instead for cropping equally from both?Like 94 means cropping 94 from the top height or 47 from the top and 47 from the bottom?

Cause i tried cropping and realised that it cropped a lot from the top.
C) hm, just choose "x264 AVC" codec and that's all. What's the difference? By default 2 pass mode is enabled (or you mean 3 pass?).
About crop: by mencoder documentation:

Code: Select all

crop[=w:h:x:y] - Crops the given part of the image and discards the rest. Useful to remove black bands from widescreen movies.
<w>,<h> - Cropped width and height, defaults to original width and height.
<x>,<y> - Position of the cropped picture, defaults to center

I don't set <x> and <y>, so it should center the image.

----------

Version 1.00 is ready for test!
- DVD support (except subtitles yet)
- wmv files supported
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I really like your encoding app the best from all that are around :) Since that bug I had at the beginning is gone, it's really a great tool to use.
Having wmv support in 1.0.0 now is also a great plus. Keep that up :)

Cheers
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

Raphael wrote:I really like your encoding app the best from all that are around :) Since that bug I had at the beginning is gone, it's really a great tool to use.
Having wmv support in 1.0.0 now is also a great plus. Keep that up :)

Cheers
I agree, it's the most simple yet efficient PMP converter out there. :)
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

AND it doesn't require .NET or other bullshit ^^;
Later,

Alcahest
psp

Post by psp »

may i add a little suggestion :
it will be nice if we could delete just one row of the list and not all of them (clear Queue).
another thing can you increase the queue list to 4 rows.

btw: thanks for the new release.
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

v1.0.1
- suport DVD encode from a hard drive (choose a "VIDEO_TS" dir using a button)
therock003

Post by therock003 »

uNn99 wrote: C) hm, just choose "x264 AVC" codec and that's all. What's the difference? By default 2 pass mode is enabled (or you mean 3 pass?).
Yes sorry,that's what i meant.the possibility for the user to set number of passes,e.g. 3.

EDIT:Also where is version 1.0.1?The link is still for 0.9.8.
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

therock003 wrote:
uNn99 wrote: C) hm, just choose "x264 AVC" codec and that's all. What's the difference? By default 2 pass mode is enabled (or you mean 3 pass?).
Yes sorry,that's what i meant.the possibility for the user to set number of passes,e.g. 3.

EDIT:Also where is version 1.0.1?The link is still for 0.9.8.
Link is the same (forgot to edit post).

About 3 passes - i don't think that it is a very useful mode, because results don't really differ from 2 passes but it takes much more time. And I don't want to overload programm with a lot of not very important functions (besides you always can add 3 pass manually by editing queue ;) )
matr1x

encode fail

Post by matr1x »

by the way, GREAT app, it is the only one i use. :-)
i downloaded the new version this morning (1.0.1). and have tried to encode a new film. i have tried twice now but each time at the end get an error. it says that encoding failed and something to do with a parsing error. not had this problem with previous versions.

just trying the old version (0.9.8.49) again now to see if something has changed on my system. but the new version is not working for me.
options were rescaled resolution (widescreen) - xvid - bitrate 1200 - use sharp - 2 pass (i have also tried 1 pass and got the same error) - audio mencoder 112

Edit - version 0.9.8.49 has converted fine. will convert same file with new version again to capture error.

Edit 2 - The result of using version 1.0.1 has resulted in the encode failing again. I used the same movie file and settings as my conversion using version 0.9.8.49

here is the error screen text :-

MEncoder 1.0pre8-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (Family: 15, Model: 3, Step
ping: 3)
CPUflags: Type: 15 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x15e06000
AVI file format detected.
AVI_NI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
VIDEO: [XVID] 512x384 24bpp 23.976 fps 882.3 kbps (107.7 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:3 fourcc:0x44495658 size:512x384 fps:23.98 ftime:=0.0417
xvid: using library version 1.1.0 (build xvid-1.1.0)
Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Opening video filter: [harddup]
Opening video filter: [scale w=480 h=272]
Opening video filter: [unsharp=l3x3:1:c3x3:1]
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
==========================================================================
VDec: vo config request - 512 x 384 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
unsharp: 3x3:1.00 (sharpen luma)
unsharp: 3x3:1.00 (sharpen chroma)

SwScaler: Lanczos scaler, from Planar YV12 to Planar YV12 using MMX2
videocodec: XviD (480x272 fourcc=44495658 [XVID])
xvid: par=0/0 (vga11), displayed=480x360, sampled=480x272
xvid: CBR Rate Control -- bitrate=1200kbit/s
Writing header...
ODML: vprp aspect is 4:3.
Writing header...
Pos:2928.0s 70202f (99%) 39.27fps Trem: 0min 397mb A-V:0.000 [1137:0]
Flushing video frames
Writing index...
Writing header...

Video stream: 1137.521 kbit/s (142190 B/s) size: 416334342 bytes 2928.011 sec
s 70202 frames
MEncoder 1.0pre8-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (Family: 15, Model: 3, Step
ping: 3)
CPUflags: Type: 15 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Exiting... (error parsing command line)
Something went wrong during encoding...
Press any key to continue . . .
therock003

Post by therock003 »

2 more quaestions.

A)How do i manually edit the commandline and add the 3 pass option?

B)As for audio i didn't mean for abr support.I meant to be able to select an approximate of the vbr quality.Like when you encode audio with lame,you have presets for vbr,and set to have a quality around 112.Can that be done,cuase it's much more better and convenient than vbr.

Sorry for busting your balls,and thanx for your time!
uNn99

Re: encode fail

Post by uNn99 »

matr1x wrote:by the way, GREAT app, it is the only one i use. :-)
i downloaded the new version this morning (1.0.1). and have tried to encode a new film. i have tried twice now but each time at the end get an error. it says that encoding failed and something to do with a parsing error. not had this problem with previous versions.

just trying the old version (0.9.8.49) again now to see if something has changed on my system. but the new version is not working for me.
options were rescaled resolution (widescreen) - xvid - bitrate 1200 - use sharp - 2 pass (i have also tried 1 pass and got the same error) - audio mencoder 112

Edit - version 0.9.8.49 has converted fine. will convert same file with new version again to capture error.

Edit 2 - The result of using version 1.0.1 has resulted in the encode failing again. I used the same movie file and settings as my conversion using version 0.9.8.49
Show me your "encode.bat". It's interesting :/
therock003 wrote:2 more quaestions.
A)How do i manually edit the commandline and add the 3 pass option?
Press "Edit Encode.bat" button. About quality mode for audio encoding - maybe sometime i will add this feature, it's not hard to do, but i feel a lack of space in interface :) where to add more buttons...
matr1x

Re: encode fail

Post by matr1x »

here is my encode.bat, i have just tried cars trailer, and the encode failed as well

@echo off

rem Encoding starts here...
"D:\AVItoPMP_P4\AVItoPMP_P4\apps\mencoder\mencoder.exe" -sws 9 -vf unsharp=l3x3:1:c3x3:1,scale=480:272,harddup -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1200:vhq=1:max_bframes=0 -nosound "D:\Films\Car.avi" -o "D:\car_tmp.avi" 2> "D:\AVItoPMP_P4\AVItoPMP_P4\logs\video.log"
if NOT %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto err
"D:\AVItoPMP_P4\AVItoPMP_P4\apps\mencoder\mencoder.exe" "D:\Films\Car.avi" -aid -srate 44100 -oac mp3lame -lameopts vol=0:mode=0:cbr:br=112 -ovc frameno -of rawaudio -o "D:\car_tmp.mp3" 2> "D:\AVItoPMP_P4\AVItoPMP_P4\logs\sound.log"
"D:\AVItoPMP_P4\AVItoPMP_P4\apps\pmp_muxer\pmp_muxer.exe" -v "D:\car_tmp.avi" -a "D:\car_tmp.mp3" -o "D:\car.pmp"
del "D:\car_tmp.mp3"
del "D:\car_tmp.avi"
del "D:\car.pmp.log"
echo All done
goto next
:err
echo Something went wrong during encoding...
:next
pause
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

matr1x
Thanx, it's fixed. Download new .exe build
matr1x

Post by matr1x »

uNn99 wrote:matr1x
Thanx, it's fixed. Download new .exe build
this is working great again now. thanks for fixing and keep up the great work you are doing on this app.
katak

Post by katak »

My Dual Core AMD works @ 50%, is there any solution to increase ?
Your soft is good... ;)
psp

Post by psp »

Now with the new pmpmod 2.02
The streamcopy option are very convenient

i found a little bug though.
The option to encode only a fragment from the movie doesn't work with streamcopy on.
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

psp wrote:Now with the new pmpmod 2.02
The streamcopy option are very convenient

i found a little bug though.
The option to encode only a fragment from the movie doesn't work with streamcopy on.
Fixed: 1.0.2
Mondy

Post by Mondy »

I know this is a really minor thing but can you add support to the file browser for .mkv files. As they are only avis in a differnt container.

It would be much appriciated.

Thanks
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

Mondy wrote:I know this is a really minor thing but can you add support to the file browser for .mkv files. As they are only avis in a differnt container.

It would be much appriciated.

Thanks
Download new build (57). I've tested and ... it's working :)
psp

Post by psp »

uNn99 wrote:Fixed: 1.0.2
thanks
lopoz

Post by lopoz »

any mirrors? the downloads aren't working here :(
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

lopoz wrote:any mirrors? the downloads aren't working here :(
Yep. host is down now :( I've uploaded it to http://rapidshare.de/files/26319287/AVItoPMP.rar.html
Cyport

Post by Cyport »

It seems when I use AVItoPMP there is always an error whatever video I use, it says in the command log, "Something went wrong during encoding..."

Here is the encode.bat when converting Mr Bean with subtitles (.sub format)

@echo off

rem Encoding starts here...
"C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\apps\mencoder\mencoder.exe" -sws 9 -passlogfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\logs\divx2pass.log" -subfont-text-scale 4 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -subcp cp1251 -vf scale=368:272,harddup -sub "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Videos\Mr Bean\Mr Bean [1x03] The Curse Of Mr Bean (DVDRip-SFM).sub" -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:turbo:vhq:vmax_b_frames=0 -nosound "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Videos\Mr Bean\Mr Bean [1x03] The Curse Of Mr Bean (DVDRip-SFM).avi" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean_tmp.avi" 2> "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\logs\video.log"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\apps\mencoder\mencoder.exe" -sws 9 -passlogfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\logs\divx2pass.log" -subfont-text-scale 4 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -subcp cp1251 -vf scale=368:272,harddup -sub "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Videos\Mr Bean\Mr Bean [1x03] The Curse Of Mr Bean (DVDRip-SFM).sub" -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:vbitrate=850:vhq:vmax_b_frames=0 -nosound "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Videos\Mr Bean\Mr Bean [1x03] The Curse Of Mr Bean (DVDRip-SFM).avi" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean_tmp.avi" 2> "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\logs\video.log"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\apps\mencoder\mencoder.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Videos\Mr Bean\Mr Bean [1x03] The Curse Of Mr Bean (DVDRip-SFM).avi" -srate 44100 -oac mp3lame -lameopts vol=0:mode=0:cbr:br=112 -ovc frameno -of rawaudio -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean_tmp.mp3" 2> "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\logs\sound.log"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\My Games\PSP\Apps\PC\AVI to PMP - 1.02\apps\pmp_muxer\pmp_muxer.exe" -v "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean_tmp.avi" -a "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean_tmp.mp3" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean.pmp"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean_tmp.mp3"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean_tmp.avi"
del "C:\Documents and Settings\Cyport\My Documents\Mr Bean.pmp.log"
echo All done
goto next
:err
echo Something went wrong during encoding...
:next
pause
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

Maybe you have too long paths. Try to use something shorter :) For example, put program in c:\avitopmp and put video to disc c:\ and try...
pegasus

hello

Post by pegasus »

if you got K7 CPU, the DL in the first page seems got problems.. there is a "special mencoder" released by jonny..