Font creation tool

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ironbird

Post by ironbird »

I can't download it. The address of it is out of date.
http://tim.strafenet.com/files/font2png.zip

Somebody helps me..
Tim

Post by Tim »

My server is currently down. Apparently my webhost (influxhosting.com) got hacked... at one point my main page was redirecting to some random ipod site... I suppose thats what i get for using a cheap webhost.

PM me your email address and I can email it to you, though hopefully my server will be back up soon.
ironbird

Post by ironbird »

I have waited for being right.
Until now, I can download it.. T.T

Would you send it via e-mail??
My e-mail add. is ilovebird@empal.com
Plz, send me it, ASAP.
Snatcher

Post by Snatcher »

Sent it to you, in case Tim hasn't read this.
strider

Post by strider »

I'm coming into this a bit late, so apologies if I missed anything, but had a couple of questions:

1) I saw a post that you were looking into outputing the font metrics for variable pitch. Is this in place yet?
2) Are you supporting PNG/Alpha? I thought so early on, but one of the later posts seemed contradictory.

Suggestion, possibly redundant since I haven't actually seent he program:

1) Can this be run from the command line? The ability to pass the desired font, size, etc. as parameter means this could be incorporated right into a build script making changes or additions a piece of cake. That would be far more useful then a clever GUI and bouncing files around. It might also benefit from other tools like pngtxr for format changes, file conversions, etc.

Also since I haven't seen this, if anyone has a current copy floating around. It'd be great to get a gander to see what it actually does:
strider-at-logrus-dot-com

Strider