A few questions about pspGL.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

The Tjalian

A few questions about pspGL.

Post by The Tjalian »

When I finally get all of the necessary stuff installed, and I've learned the PSP basics, I'd really like to try my hand at the PSP's implentation of OpenGL. These may sound like silly questions, but I remember reading on one site that a bunch of stuff in OpenGL is restricted or not included in the PSP version. So...

Is including the pspGL library the same? (#include <pspgl.h> or whatever the pspgl header file is)

Are the following methods accepted:

glPushMatrix();
glPopMatrix
glColor3f();
glTranslate();
glRotate();
glScale();
glSolidCube();
glWireCube();

Truth be told, I made this animated robot in my 3D Graphics class (using OpenGL) and I want it to run on the PSP. Just for fun, of course.

Thanks for your time.
gambiting

Post by gambiting »

Hi! You can include pspgl like normal opengl header file - #include <gl.h>
Also
glWireCube();
is not supported,psp can't render wireframe
My projects:
PSPSnake
Mandelbrot Fractal Generator
Shoot4Fun
BlowUp!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

When in doubt, check the source code. The sdk is open source - just check out the repo. Then you'll be able to check if the function is supported or not just by looking for it in the source. For the most part, each function has its own file named after the function. For example, glReadBuffer is handled by glReadBuffer.c.

A quick check finds neither glSolidCube nor glWiredCube are in pspgl. glColor3f doesn't have its own file, but rather a file with all the supported versions of that command called glColor.c. Looking at that file, you will find glColor3f is supported.
The Tjalian

Post by The Tjalian »

Hnmm, it's weird that glSolidCube and glWireCube isn't suppored, while glVertef3f is. I supposed I could just make a method to replicate the same feature, really!

Thanks guys.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Nothing weird about it. Noone uses them and would almost certainly roll their own if they needed one. If you come up with a drop-in replacement, why not add it to PSPGL in SVN? Then it'll always be there for everyone else.

Jim
kuroneko

Post by kuroneko »

The Tjalian wrote:Hnmm, it's weird that glSolidCube and glWireCube isn't suppored, while glVertef3f is.
That looks more like a typo. IIRC, OpenGL simply doesn't have the first two functions you mention, GLUT has (known as glutSolidCube and glutWireCube).

http://www.opengl.org/resources/libraries/glut/spec3
The Tjalian

Post by The Tjalian »

kuroneko wrote:
The Tjalian wrote:Hnmm, it's weird that glSolidCube and glWireCube isn't suppored, while glVertef3f is.
That looks more like a typo. IIRC, OpenGL simply doesn't have the first two functions you mention, GLUT has (known as glutSolidCube and glutWireCube).

http://www.opengl.org/resources/libraries/glut/spec3
You're right - very right infact. Guh, I'm always forgetting which ones belong to gl, glu and glut respectively. Many thanks.