MP4 Video Name

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Wil

MP4 Video Name

Post by Wil »

I don't have a PSP however from what I can tell the file will be shown on the PSP named as it was before you encoded it to MP4. Is there a way, using 3GP or any other method, to change the name of what the video will be displayed as on the PSP?
Wil
Klendathu

Post by Klendathu »

The file name in windows will be MV4XXXX.mp4.
the name the PSP displays will be the one the file had when you draged&droped it into the 3gp window for transcoding,

so far nobody has come up with a "renaming tool". it doesn't seem to be a priority but if your apt with the hex editor you might get some results.
personally I don't see much sense in this though.
pukko

Post by pukko »

It's said that this tool can be used to rename the files
http://takami.xrea.jp/psp.html

I don't understand a word japanese though, so I dunno.
Wil

Post by Wil »

Oh yes, that does rename the file, both on Windows and how it's displayed on the PSP. It's in Japanese however it's pretty easy to understand. Thanks.
Wil
ichan

Post by ichan »

is there a similar program to this for Mac.

what is the program doing exactly? editing a meta tag or is it editing the resource?

can the file movie name be changed manually?
mauibay

Post by mauibay »

There is no Mac resource to edit, MP4 files are data-fork only. Most encoders that currently know how to tweak MP4 files for the PSP also know how to create the tag for the name. I don't know the spec for this and assume it's some kind of MPEG data field. It's in the MobileHackers version of the ffmpeg source, so we could look at how it's done there. From poking around, it appears to be a terminated string at the end of the MP4 file.
Danj

Post by Danj »

pukko wrote:It's said that this tool can be used to rename the files
http://takami.xrea.jp/psp.html

I don't understand a word japanese though, so I dunno.
I don't understand Japanese either, but fortunately the program has its own language file JAPANESE.LNG. With a bit of help from Babelfish and a couple of friends, I have managed to compile an ENGLISH.LNG which while it is not completely correct should make it usable for non-Japanese speakers. You can find it here. Just unzip the ENGLISH.LNG file into the same folder as PSP Title Writer, run the program, go into the settings (S on the menu) and select ENGLISH from the bottom combo box, then press OK.
Dan Jackson
pspvideo9

Post by pspvideo9 »

PSP Video 9 has this functionality built into it now.