The ominipotent PRX..

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Allelujah

The ominipotent PRX..

Post by Allelujah »

I know that the thread title is a little bit crazy but it's related to my current work :). Ok, we all know that whenever we load game or vsh.. the PSP is being reset together with all the loaded modules.

Is it possible to keep a module alive?

For example, keeping USBHostFS running without the need to reinitialize it while switching from vsh to game, back and forth..
Last edited by Allelujah on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

no
Allelujah

Post by Allelujah »

I see, thanks.. i just want to confirm the posibilities :)
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

You can write your prx in the bootconf ( in the flash) but is dangerous, this will automatically reload your prx when you launch a game or something else!
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

WEll yes you _can_ have a module which exists in all modes, but you cannot have one which doesn't reinitialize :)
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

oh, yes, excuse me, I haven't read very well the post, sorry...
Allelujah

Post by Allelujah »

@ne0h

Thanks for the reply, but Tyranid was right since writing on bootconf is the same as being re-initialized.

Getting to the point, I just want to keep USBHostFS driver alive after switching from vsh->game & game->vsh.

Files on host0:/ is accessible read & write, but the moment i try to load executables it says 0x80010002 which is no file or directory but it was previously verified exists before execution.

Anyway, it's impossible though.

After reading some old post. It seems that i have to remap host0: to another device & some patching is needed.
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

Yes yes, I know, sorry
Torch

Post by Torch »

You can keep a module alive by starting you application (it will boot into game mode) and loading the game manually from your app.

You'll need to do some advanced crap like loading your stuff into kernel memory or volatile memory if kernel mem runs out and unloading the user memory part to make room for the game etc.