Changing SEPLUGINS directory

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

manatails007

Changing SEPLUGINS directory

Post by manatails007 »

Do you know which prx store SEPLUGINS directory?
I want to hex-edit that prx and change the directory but I cant find what files should I edit
Wally

Re: Changing SEPLUGINS directory

Post by Wally »

manatails007 wrote:Do you know which prx store SEPLUGINS directory?
I want to hex-edit that prx and change the directory but I cant find what files should I edit
Why would you change the directory in the first place?
ctszy

Post by ctszy »

You can find it in kd/systemctrl.prx, km/systemctrl150.prx and vsh/module/recovery.prx
Torch

Post by Torch »

And how will you recompress them? I don't think you can recompress them without DAX's personal prx compressor for some specific modules. I tried editing once and it bricked. Didn't load uncompressed either.
Bubbletune

Post by Bubbletune »

Torch wrote:And how will you recompress them? I don't think you can recompress them without DAX's personal prx compressor for some specific modules. I tried editing once and it bricked. Didn't load uncompressed either.
I played around with this a while back, it seems early boot modules can't load uncompressed, and when you recompress them you need to use the same tags as used in the original one. They are located at 0xD0 and 0x130 in the compressed file (32-bits). Copy them, decompress, hex-edit, recompress with psp-packer, and copy these tags back.