Random blah, wondering on 1.50 - 1.51 hole fills

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

havocxrush

Random blah, wondering on 1.50 - 1.51 hole fills

Post by havocxrush »

Just wondering, whats the likelyhood that once the 1.51 update comes it can be compared to the 1.50 update to find the holes they supposedly fixed?

New to this a bit sorry.
Its amazing how much progress theres been in such little time.
Ive been a lurker for some time now as ive really no real dev knowledge (crap at math etc) Kicking myself because I got a psp a few months ago from ebay with the 1.0 software for a flat 200 with free shipping, and what did I do, update to 1.5....

*sighs*

cant wait for the emulators to roll out now :-) or maybe some sort of homebrew that can us pda functions...... like making and storing text docs, calendar, alarm, neat little things like that.
Any likelihood does anyone think, for a sega cd emulator?
gotta play my fave two games popful mail and lunar 2 eternal blue
KiWi

Re: Random blah, wondering on 1.50 - 1.51 hole fills

Post by KiWi »

havocxrush wrote:Just wondering, whats the likelyhood that once the 1.51 update comes it can be compared to the 1.50 update to find the holes they supposedly fixed?
There's no way to compare 1.50 with 1.51 until you have decrypted both bios files ... AES encryption leaves no space for hexedit compare games ...

And btw: If we were able to decrypt the bios updates, we wouldn't care about security issues .. we would be able to "upgrade" the bios to accept "homebrew stuff" *g*

Forget about compare & peek & poke

PSP is NOT a oldskool C=64 computer system

PS: C=64 still rocks :)
Regards,

KiWi

Germany's largest Console Community : www.gamefreax-forum.de