rumor of something running on 1.5

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Histo

rumor of something running on 1.5

Post by Histo »

One of our users Mike W. let us know that he managed to run homebrew on his 1.5 PSP via the memory card using the Wipeout Pure browser.

Users need to navigate to: http://www.psphacker.com/homebrew.htm and load an html file into the memory card as: “webgame/eboot.html”. He has confirmed the calculator does work on it.

Source: http://www.psphacker.com/2005/05/homebr ... re-15.html
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

Looks like its just a trick to get the WO browser to run "homebrew" javascript docs off a html file on the ms, rather than off the net.
You still have to be online to follow the 1st link, so seems kinda pointless.
But hey, each to his own! :)
Damn, I need a decent signature!
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

LFMAO. you do realize you cant just rename your file to .html, it thinks its an html file. not an excutable. lol, i'm sure what they meant is a Homebrew JAVA APPLET game. theres a posible chance someone can program a elf interpreter to run eboot.pbp files through the java applet. thats the only way i can see posible to load.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Histo

Post by Histo »

MY interest was in that it was causing side effects of crashing or rebooting the psp. The psp must be freaking out when it sees something contained within the code through the browser.
Skye

Post by Skye »

Something I tried was editing the source of that html file. Instead of trying to launch eboot.html, I changed it to try and open eboot.pbp. But when i clicked the link to load up the file i had put on my memory card, it would just show the internet connection display.

Im here at school, and the wireless sucks. So if anyone wanted to try this please do.
I cant even get it to load the eboot.html, i get the connection manager thing :/.

Here is a link to try it with.
http://psp.teamlas.net , just hover your mouse cursor over the links to get the idea.

EDIT
When i use the first 2 links, (original setup) it doesnt even try to access my memory card. But when i use the last 2 links, trying to open up the html file, it crashes my psp and causes it to restart, aned when i try the pbp file, my memory card flashes for a sec, but nothing pops up. Hurumph.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

Histo wrote:MY interest was in that it was causing side effects of crashing or rebooting the psp. The psp must be freaking out when it sees something contained within the code through the browser.
the reason it crashes it because its trying to read an excutable as a html file. try doing this. linking a link to a exe file. but rename it as a .html. i'm sure it wont RUN the app. you will just see a bunch of f*** up shit, or even crash.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...