is there a .psp editor

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

atomic16

is there a .psp editor

Post by atomic16 »

is there a .psp editor
Danj

Post by Danj »

If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't know what to do with one if you found one.

May I suggest to the mods that a sticky topic is created with a subject line in large bold capitals saying "READ THIS NOW" or something? I think it would help with the signal-to-noise ratio...
Dan Jackson
atomic16

Post by atomic16 »

im new to programing plz just help me find one
Danj

Post by Danj »

atomic16 wrote:im new to programing plz just help me find one
If you're new to programming you may want to start with something a bit easier, such as the Hello World program for PSP.
Dan Jackson

Post by Guest »

atomic16 wrote:im new to programing plz just help me find one
The first thing you need to do, if you are new to programming, is understand why "an editor for the PSP" is an odd concept at the moment. Especially since no one is programming ON the PSP. A someone new to programming, this might be the odd concept to YOU.

Normally most people write software for the system they are ON. In your case, you start up Visual Basic maybe, write a program, and run it on the same system.

Doesn't work that way on the PSP. People write software for the PSP on something BESIDES the PSP. They usually write the software ON a PC, but you can't run the software ON the PC. The software, after written, is transferred to the PSP where it can be executed.

So, PSP software is written ON a PC.

Furthermore, there is no need for an PSP editor ON the PSP because there is nothing to edit, nothing to accomplish by doing so. So even if programming wasn't your interest, there still would be no reason for such an editor. Ok, people can thing of strange things to edit for unique usages, but the general rule holds true.
n1ckn4m3

err.. he said .psp ...

Post by n1ckn4m3 »

Gorim-

Not to be an ass, but --- he said .psp, not PSP.

:)

Regardless, he should have searched the forums and would have found many threads on topics of this style....
... anyone up for some l33th4x?

;)

Post by Guest »

Ass.

J/k. :)

Anyhow, he said he was new, so I took him at this word. ;)
pixel

Post by pixel »

Wrong forum, moved....
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.