Make things easier for potential developers

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Zaibach333

Make things easier for potential developers

Post by Zaibach333 »

It would benefit the psp-scene if there was a single step installation for the sdk/all the other resources.

the accually coding is a much easier task for a beginner than getting your computer set up for it.

::::::: new user from dcemu forums ::::::::
using namespace yourface;
weltall

Post by weltall »

actually that's what the toolchain does, but it requires a unix like console to work fine with some application to build the source. in a linux enviroment normally that's not a problem, in windows you need to set up cygwin correctly.
plus there is a package which should install all in a win32 installer form, but i had only issue with it (missing things) so i built the toolchain with cygwin and all worked fine. now i just svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/trunk/toolchain, do ./toolchain.sh, wait for it to finish and copy & paste on my actuall work directory (i don't use cygwin for normal build)
Last edited by weltall on Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rinco

Post by rinco »

There is the toolchain.sh script. How to use this script is stickied at the top of this forum:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2478

I have run the script on Windows, Linux and OSX and found them all to be very simple. Linux would have to be the simplest - as it tends to already have developer software installed.
Zaibach333

Post by Zaibach333 »

well, I know the procedure.

a single installation file that installes "all of the above" and ready to go in the visual studio.

like, one click.
using namespace yourface;
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Provide this magic installer and a way to keep it up-to-date, and we'll gladly include it in pspsdk.