newest of newbies and really dumb

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Piccron

newest of newbies and really dumb

Post by Piccron »

i need help really bad. i'm trying the swap disc method and can't get the first couple of steps right. also my addzer0 program doesn't run, i realy need help. could someone /anyone explain the steps in the simplist form you know.[/img]
pixel

Post by pixel »

What are you trying to achieve exactly ?
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
Piccron

Post by Piccron »

can you explain step 2 easier
soks

Post by soks »

pixel asked first

Post by Guest »

soks wrote:pixel asked first
Actually, if you understood the steps for a newb to ask for help around here, you will know that his response was entirely normal. You see, the steps go something like this:

1. Proclaim in clear terms just how much a newb you are.
2. Ask for help while providing the most vague information possible about what you are trying to do.

The original poster is clearly asking for help on step #2 above. Pixel's attempt to obtain greater certainty from this person violated the "PS2Newb uncertainty principle" which states that a real newb cannot simultaneously declare their newbness AND provide any useful information about their goals, objectives, and methodologies, much less any capabilities to achieve them.
crashnburn987

Post by crashnburn987 »

lol[/quote]
ole

Post by ole »

As the tutorial clearly state you need pal demo disk (which is not AFAIK included with current machines) . If you don't have it then the tutorial is useles for you.

To answer your original question: adzero is a program that is able to create a file. The only purpose of the file is to take place on the cd (and to make other excutables to be at correct sectors). The content of the file does not matter, only the size of the file is important. So you can freely use any file you can find on your computer as long as the filesize match.