Howto set text higher, for each messange (like afkim) ?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

_.-noel-._

Howto set text higher, for each messange (like afkim) ?

Post by _.-noel-._ »

I want, that when i write a text, and hit then "Down" (Danzeffs OSK), the text jump one or two lines above... like "AFKIM"...

(it will be a messanger)

But with

sceDebugScreenSetXY(15, y);
printf(messange);

and then:

if(strcmp(messange, '\n') == 0) y+=3;

or something like this..

does it work so, or is it differently ?
Sry for my english
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

We don't give beginner classes on programming here, and positional printing is as basic as it gets. Take a few more C classes at your local community college or find some online tutorials.
_.-noel-._

Post by _.-noel-._ »

lol...

beginner?

woud you like to call me a noob?

i only had a simple question, but you woudnt answer it, because its "to easy" ?

lol...
then i will test my idea...

i woud only ask, if there is a easyer way...

no, im not know all about c but with 14 years, it isnt bad if i dont know about all...

and is it "to much" to answer my question...?

man...and this you call help? sometimes it helps me (like my problem with the cursor), but this is <no comment>

i will not atack you, but that is my meaning...
Sry for my english
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

You are a noob for the fact that you don't get the point of this forum. And as stated it's not "C/C++ help" or basic programming lessons.

PS: And yes, your question was a "beginner" level question. Just in case you still don't believe it.
<Don't push the river, it flows.>
http://wordpress.fx-world.org - my devblog
http://wiki.fx-world.org - VFPU documentation wiki

Alexander Berl
Tinnus

Post by Tinnus »

The way you are thinking of doing it shows very obviously that you don't understand the very logic of programming (ie: stuff is sequential).

Unless, of course, you're doing that inside a loop that clears the screen and redraws every frame, when that then makes sense.

I'd rather use a queue with the strings of the lines of the message history, though, and print it backwards (bottom to top).

If you don't know well any of the stuff I just said (render loops, queues, strings) you should learn how to program first, then learning how to program for a PSP.

Not complaining. I *really* mean it would be best for you.
Let's see what the PSP reserves... well, I'd say anything is better than Palm OS.
Art

Post by Art »

i only had a simple question, but you woudnt answer it, because its "to easy" ?
He meant the question is too basic in nature,.. it doesn't make it easy to answer,
it makes it hard to answer because you'd have to deliver a whole programming course online.
If not actually, then potentially.
deniska

Post by deniska »

funny read :-)
But seriously, perhaps the sticky on top of the PSP forum section should give some disclaimer and guidelines on what to post/expect as well as some redirection suggestions for people, not fitting in.. This way a lot of misunderstanding, embarrassment and noise can be avoided in the future...
just my 2 cents ;-)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

deniska wrote:funny read :-)
But seriously, perhaps the sticky on top of the PSP forum section should give some disclaimer and guidelines on what to post/expect as well as some redirection suggestions for people, not fitting in.. This way a lot of misunderstanding, embarrassment and noise can be avoided in the future...
just my 2 cents ;-)
The problem is that these same people NEVER read such things. That's why they make such silly posts in the first place - they'd rather ask than spend 30 seconds looking for a thread that already explains it. Seriously - look at how many threads are all noobies trying to figure out how to get CygWin to compile the toolchain. I like to joke that those threads make more than half the total number in this forum. :D
deniska

Post by deniska »

J.F. wrote:Seriously - look at how many threads are all noobies trying to figure out how to get CygWin to compile the toolchain. I like to joke that those threads make more than half the total number in this forum. :D
In their defense, I must say that it's a huge pain in the a$$ to setup cygwin on most systems so it does not crap out on long build scripts. it usually involves "rebase"ing and some black magic.. Again if this is so frustraiting, then perhaps, stickying a link to virtualbox site and some pre-built ubuntu/psp-sdk image would greatly reduce "the noise"... as well as "GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND" header put in bold and sticked :-))
CpuWhiz

Post by CpuWhiz »

Regarding the VM, It could be done and maybe some people would find it useful, n00b and non-n00b alike. You could setup a Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora/whatever system in a VM and make sure USB and samba were working. Maybe install the openssh-server package so they can ssh in with PuTTY. Then they could just drag the files to the network share and type in make in the VM. I would make a package for the sdk as a different download so they can install or replace with newer builds. I have such a package I use on my Ubuntu system, tho it's not made the "proper" way. I guess you could setup a full desktop on it too, but that would take a lot more space. The main problem I see is where to host it, how to get it to whoever wants it.
deniska

Post by deniska »

Here is a link to a pre-made dev environment and installation instructions: http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/in ... PDATE.html
Courtesy of zx81..
Have not tried it myself though (I prefer to build stuff from scratch ;-))
Sorry for hijacking this thread..