Hello, everyone, have you met the failure when fork process?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

easyfan

Hello, everyone, have you met the failure when fork process?

Post by easyfan »

Hey, everybody, I am a new comer for psp.
I met a strange problem when building, error message like below:
[main] sh 178764 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
make[1]: execvp: /bin/sh: Resource temporarily unavailable
What is the problem? And do you have any solution on it?
THANKS!
Jim

Post by Jim »

This is a cygwin error, right? It's a problem a number of people have and it's a bug in cygwin that doesn't seem to be being fixed. Possibly it happens when resources are low - low ram, overactive virus scanner, spyware etc.
Try updating your cygwin install first of all.

Jim
easyfan

Yes, it is a cygwin problem

Post by easyfan »

Yes, it is a cygwin problem. not only the psp2dev project met the same problem. Some forums of cygwin give the response as turing off some services. But the services are not working in my PC. Even MSDN give a work around, but seems not make it correct...
Well, I just give up the win+cygwin+psp2dev. Suse or ubunto are better choice for me. Actually, the env in Suse is already finished and could be work:)
Thanks alot!
gambiting

Re: Yes, it is a cygwin problem

Post by gambiting »

easyfan wrote:Yes, it is a cygwin problem. not only the psp2dev project met the same problem. Some forums of cygwin give the response as turing off some services. But the services are not working in my PC. Even MSDN give a work around, but seems not make it correct...
Well, I just give up the win+cygwin+psp2dev. Suse or ubunto are better choice for me. Actually, the env in Suse is already finished and could be work:)
Thanks alot!
You can always run Ubuntu inside VMWare server or free Microsoft Virtual PC - then communicate with it using putty,and save you compilation result on drive that can be seen from both windows and linux at the same time(pendrive perhaps).If you have enough ram(1gb is all right for running xp and ubuntu simultaniously),then it's waaaaaay better option that using cygwin :P
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Or consider "andLinux" which looks pretty neat.
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

or go 100% native (win32 wise) with the stuff from the post Win32 native Toolchain for PSPSDK which requires no posix emulator