Loadexec flash modules

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Aura

Loadexec flash modules

Post by Aura »

I've spent about an hour searching these forums, and I've come to learn that sceKernelLoadExec no longer works on 3.XX versions, and that sceKernelLoadExecVSHMs# is now the only way to loadexec anything, but this of course only works from ms0.

My question is simple, using a 3.XX app, is it possible to loadexec anything, from flash? I've tried the above methods, and I've also tried re-assigning flash1 as ms0 to see if this would "trick" the PSP into believing its reading the ms0, but I simply get an error stating that flash cannot be re-assigned to ms0.

My other question, which is loosely linked, is it possible to load my own pspbtcnf.bin file? I noticed this function sceKernelExitVSHVSH(struct SceKernelLoadExecVSHParam *param); and in the struct /** "/kd/pspbtcnf_game.txt" or "/kd/pspbtcnf.txt" if not supplied (max. 256 chars) */
char *configfile;

I've tried using this with pspbtcnf.txt and pspbtcnf.bin, both times around I simply get the normal one, and not my own specified one. The only example I've seen of this was in the 3.40OE source codes, and even then the code didn't appear to function correctly. I'm just wondering if there is anything I'm overlooking or any examples of a working version I can take a look at?

Thanks
-Aura
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

No, it is not possible in 2.00+ to loadexec something from flash, all loadexec functions would reject it.